Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Marissa’s POV

The last week has been so hectic but it has also been the best week of my life. it’s like everything has a mind of it’s own but I’ve gotten over all of that. I’ve gotten over everything that’s ever tries to screw me over because I think I’ve finally realised that I'm better than that. Love isn’t about revenge nor is it about proving something. It’s simply love. I knew all of this as I stared into my mates eyes from above me.

I laid on my back with him laying over me. I have decided to stay true to myself and stay at this academy and finish what I started. But I have also given love a chance, Zane is staying here with me for the first year and on the second he will be going home for pack business. It’s true that I might not belong here, but that doesn’t mean I'm going to quit. I don’t care who’s judging me I’m just going to be me, plain and simple.

“I love you” Zane whispered as he leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips. As I stared into his eyes I knew this was where I was meant to be. There was still a lot of things wrong in my life but this was the best thing that turned out so right.

“I love you too” I replied. I leaned up and captured his lips with mine once again. I have decided to take it slow, although I have chosen to give love another try it doesn’t mean that I trust everything yet. I told Zane we were not going to fully mate until I was ready, and he understood that. He understood I needed time and that was what I loved about him. He admitted to his wrongs and he knew what he did, but that didn’t stop him from trying to get me back.

“Why don’t we go and get something to eat?” he offered. I nodded and pushed him off of me.

“There’s a sandwich place downstairs, let’s just go there’ I suggested as I grabbed my sweater. He nodded and walked out of the door behind me. As we walked down the stairs I saw Sarah, the girl who was so called my friend along with Paris.

I nodded at her, I didn’t smile nor did I say something nasty. I knew what she said to Zane and that proved that yet again she was not a real friend to me, but what all my experiences taught me is that you don’t have to be nasty to people just because they did something wrong but it doesn’t mean you have to forgive them either. I’ve learned to love with my mistakes. I think I’ve really grown as a person here, and I wouldn’t be who I am without all that has happened. I understand so much more now and I wish everyone could just see how good it is to be nice and understand things.

“I know that face, stop overthinking things and just relax. It’s the weekend” Zane said as he threaded his hand with mine. I looked over at him and gave him a smile. Over the last week we’ve spent every single moment together and I’ve gotten to know him so much better and the same for him.

“Marissa” I heard a voice call out from one of the tables surrounding the sandwich place. I looked over to see the face of Pairs. I hadn’t spoken to him since that night and when I told Zane he wanted to do more than just talk to Paris but of course being the newly understanding me I wouldn’t let him. I sighed as I looked at Paris and then looked over at Zane, was it time for me to forgive and forget?

“Go talk to him and I’ll get the sandwiches but your time is up when I’m done in the line” he warned before leaving me to get the food. I walked over to where Paris was seated and noticed the expression on his face. He looked truly sorry and it looked like it had been eating him up on the inside.

“I’m so sorry for everything. I know coming here was not easy for you and I'm happy for you and Zane. Please don’t still be mad at me, I really want to try and be friends with you” He said with a monotone voice. As I looked at him I could still see the cracks in his personality, should I trust him or not?