Chapter 15

~Mackenzie's POV~

Robbie turned around to face Julian. "Why are you in my house?" Julian asked in a firm voice. I looked at the men. "Yeah, why are you guys in his house?" I asked the men, still out of breath.

"I was talking to you Mackenzie." Julian pointed out. I looked at him with a confused look. "They kidnapped us." I replied, hoping he would kick them out of his house. He pushed past Robbie and walked up to the men.

"Is this true?" He asked the two men. The men nodded their heads, immensely as if they were afraid of him. "Was my father involved in this?" He questioned. They couldn't speak. "Answer me." Julian spoke, angrily. They nodded. Julian sighed and looked down.

"Get out." He demanded, not making eye contact. They scrambled out of the door, heading toward he blue car that sat in the driveway. "Thanks." I spoke under my breath. Julian looked at Robbie who was still holding the hammer.

"Who is this?" Julian asked, looking over at me. I loosened my shoulders and stood up straight. "Robbie this is Julian. Julian this is Robbie." Robbie held his free hand out in front of him. Julian grasped it. "Thanks for helping us." Robbie thanked.

"Anytime." Julian replied, letting go of his hand. The front door opened and the man who kidnapped us walked in. Julian jerked his head to look at the man. "I can't believe you, dad! I thought you were better than that!" Julian shouted, stepping closer to the man who happened to be his father.

"Look, son, I'm-"

"No! Don't even start! I'm sick and tired of this!" Julian screamed. His hands dug through his scalp as he freaked out. His father was shocked and unable to speak. Julian took a deep breath and calmed down. "Dad, you were and still are never there for me. I never see you anymore and then when I do, I find out you kidnapped my friend. I'm ashamed to call you my father. I don't ever want to speak to you ever again. Get out." Julian spoke, tears in his eyes. He almost looked crazy.

But who would blame him. I mean his found out his father kidnapped people. Wouldn't anyone act like that? I know for sure I would.

"Son, I didn't mean to hurt you. I sware." His father said, putting a hand on Julian's shoulder. Julian pushed it off. "Don't touch me." Julian demanded, firmly. His father was shocked and teary eyed. "I said get out." Julian repeated, not making eye contact.

"I just want you to know that I love you, son. So much. If I didn't have you, I would be lost. I know you probably hate me but, I need you to know that I care for you and watching you get hurt by me, well, it makes me hurt. Badly. I love you, Julian. I always will." His father spoke at an unsteady pace. Tears fell from his blood shot eyes.

"I won't forget about you. I would never dream of it." The man turned around and walked out of the house. He turned back and looked at heartbroken Julian before shutting the door.

Moments later, the blue car drove away. An orange car parked next to the spot where the blue one once sat. His father left him.

Julian broke down, falling to his knees. I kneeled next to him, gently rubbing his back. "I'm so sorry, Julian." I said, truthfully. I wiped away his tears with my thumb. "Hey, look at me." I lifted his chin up so he was looking at me. I scanned his eyes and saw the pain in them.

"It'll get better. I'll help you through it. I promise." I told him, staring down into his heartbroken, brown eyes. He forced his head back down so he was looking at the ground. I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

Robbie stared down at us, not knowing what the hell to do. He knelt down on the other side of where Julian and I sat. "Julian." He called, causing Julian to look up. "I know it may seem bad now but, Mackenzie is right. It will get better." Robbie patted his back.

"It's just that he was all that I had left. My mother died after I was born and I don't have any other family. What am I going to do? I can't pay the bills for the house. I'm screwed." Julian stated, wiping the tears away. He sniffled a little.

"Well, we can sell the house and if you want you can stay with my family and I when we go back hime for break." Robbie suggested with a bright smile on his face. It's like Robbie doesn't mind that he has a fat lip and a black eye. It's like he doesn't even know it's there.

"I appreciate that. Thanks, Robbie." Julian thanked with a few sniffles in between.

"How about we get out of here and get something to eat." Robbie suggested, giving Julian one more pat on the back. With that, Julian and stood up. He looked at me and smiled lightly.

"Thanks, Mackenzie. For everything." Julian said, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back. He pulled away with a brighter smile on his face. I smiled back. "You're a great friend." He pointed out, letting go of me.

"Alright, let's go." Robbie said, opening the door. I walked out and Robbie followed behind me. Julian grabbed the keys and followed Robbie out of the door. He shut it and locked it.

"I'll drive if you want." Robbie said, turning to Julian. Julian nodded and tossed him the keys.

"Are you okay now?" I asked, worriedly. He nodded his head quickly. "You sure?" I questioned, making sure he wasn't going to break down again.

"I'm fine." He replied, getting into the passenger seat of the bright, orange car. I nodded and opened the back door. I climbed through and sat in the middle seat. I reached over and shut the door. I buckled my seat belt.

"Alright let's go." Robbie said, starting the engine and pulling out of the drive way. He took off at a normal speed. I'm still worried about Julian. He just lost the last of his family. He has no one. He is now an abandoned boy. No one to take care of him and no one to love him.

But I will. I will love him like a brother.