Chapter 1: At First Sight

Derek's Pov

"Son you need to get married. I can't pass down my business to you unless I know that you'll have a way to produce an heir" my father said.

I just sat back in my chair and listened to him. He wasn't saying nothing he hasn't before.

"I know dad but, I've been trying. It just seems that everyone I meet is either a gold-digger or they aren't right" I sighed.

"I just want to know that you'll uphold the Matthews name and I want you to be happy Derek. Your all I have left since your mother died" he told me.

My mother passed away two years ago from breast cancer. We both took it so hard since she was the backbone of the family. Amelia Matthews was a force to be reckoned with and I know that if she was here right now, she would of been had me married with several kids.

"I'll find someone and when I do you'll be the first one to know. Okay?" I said standing up.

"Fine. Are you coming to dinner Sunday, your Aunt Towanda will be there" he told me.

"Yeah, I'll be there. I'm about to go finish up these contracts for the Middleton's" I said.

"I still don't know how you managed to get Scott to sign. I've been trying for three years" my father groaned.

"Believe it or not dad but, people find me very charming. See you Sunday" I chuckled.

"Sure son" he laughed answering his phone when it started to ring.

Leaving my father's office, I headed toward my own. When I entered I went to my desk and continued to revise the contracts I was working on. My father owned his own law firm that represented businesses all over the world.

The Matthews firm had been passed down throughout my family. It was only a matter of time before my father retired and I became the CEO of the million-dollar company.

After two hours of hard labor I decided to take a break for lunch. Grabbing my wallet, I locked my office and headed out. There was this Italian restaurant across the street from the building. They had the best lasagna I ever tasted so, that was where I was going.

As I walked out I looked around, I loved living in New York City. All the people and culture everywhere you looked, it was amazing.

When I walked into restaurant I was automatically hit with the wonderful smells of spices and great cooking. Everyone was smiling, you could tell they enjoyed the food and the all-around homey vibe.

Grinning I went over to an empty booth and sat down. I didn't bother even looking at the menu since from the amount of times I've been here, I've come to memorize it.

"Hello welcome to Bella's. My name is Giovanni and I'll be your server this evening" a man spoke coming up to my table.

"Wow" I mumbled taking him in

He had hair as dark as midnight and his eyes reminded me of a storm. His chin was sharp and he had olive skin covered in tattoos. His lips were plump and I can only imagine what they would look like as they kissed down my body. Basically, he was exquisite.

"Sir are you okay?" Giovanni asked with a worried look on his face.

"Sorry your beauty kind of distracted me" I said then cursed once I realized what I just said.

"Thank you" he mumbled blushing.

"Sorry. That kind of just came out" I explained smiling nervously.

"It's okay. Your very handsome yourself" he spoke.

"Thank you. I've been here plenty of times but, I've never seen you. Are you new?" I questioned. I was pretty sure I would have noticed him,

"Actually, my parents are the owners. I just graduated from college with my culinary degree so, I decided to come back and help out" Giovanni told me.

"Congratulations" I said.

"Thank you. So, what would you like to order?" he asked flashing me dazzling smile.

"I'll have the lasagna and a glass of Sprite" I hummed.

"Alright, I'll be back with your drink" he said walking away. I watched him until he disappeared into which I presumed was the kitchen.

As I waited for him to come back I thought about what my father said. Even though I just met him I could picture Giovanni as the person my father was talking about.

"Here you are" he said coming back. My stomach growled as I took in the aroma of the plate.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"Of course. Can I get you anything else?" he questioned.

"Um, actually I was wondering if you'd like to join me for lunch tomorrow?" I spoke nervously.

"I have to work tomorrow" he sighed.

"Oh" I breathed.

"I have a break at 2:00. If you want we can have lunch here" he suggested.

"I'd love too" I said smiling.

"Good. Do I get the privilege of knowing the name of the man I'll be sharing lunch with?" Giovanni questioned.

"Oh fuck! My name is Derek" I told him.

"Nice to meet you" he laughed.

"You too" I breathed.

I didn't know what it was about this man but, just looking at his smile made me already see a life with him. It was kind of like love at first sight.

I didn't know anything about Giovanni but, I sure as hell was about to learn. I wanted to know everything about him. He was the one and I knew it from first sight.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Lovely first chapter. It's been a while since I worked on a book that wasn't a fan fiction but, I hope you guys enjoy it. What do you think about Giovanni and Derek? Sexy right😉.
VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

O