Chapter 13: Thank God For You

Derek's Pov

Derek's Pov

"I don't know about this dinner babe. Maybe we should just wait" I said rubbing Gio's shoulders. We were relaxing in the bath after a full day of work and chemo. It felt good to just leave that hospital and come be with my husband.

"Derek I'm already two months pregnant. I'm going to start showing soon and I want our parents to know. You already know they're going to be excited to finally have a grandchild" he spoke glancing back at me.

"I know but, I really don't feel like seeing my father. It'll just remind me that I'm keeping this from him. Ever since I was little he was able to tell when something wrong" I sighed.

"Maybe you should tell him. Your doctor said that the chemo is working pretty well. How do you think your father's going to feel knowing you kept this from him?" he sighed.

"I can't. When we found out my mom had cancer he never left her side. He was always at the hospital up until she passed. I know it sounds romantic but, he was so worried about her he forgot about himself. Her sickness took control of his life and I don't want that to happen again" I breathed running my hand through his hair.

"I understand but, how would you feel if he did it to you?" Gio asked.

"Can we just not talk about this please?" I groaned leaning my head back against the tub.

"You can't just ignore it, Derek" he pushed.

"Giovanni enough!!" I snapped annoyed.

"Yell at me like that again asshole and you'll be picking your teeth off the floor" he growled standing up and getting out the tub. I sighed as I watched him grab a towel and walk out the bathroom.

"Great" I grumbled following his lead.

Wrapping a towel around my waist I drained the water and went after him. He had already pulled on some sweats and got in bed. Going over to the dresser I pulled out some basketball shorts and put them on. Slowly I strolled over and got in wrapping my arms around his waist but, he quickly pushed them off.

"Don't fucking touch me Derek" he murmured.

"Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap on you. It's just after a day of work and chemo I want to come home and relax with you. I don't want to talk about it" I breathed. Gio turned so he was facing me.

"I know that this is all stressful Derek, I'm not dumb. You think I'm not tired working, carrying a baby while also worrying about you because I am. This shit isn't easy for neither of us but, you taking you anger out on me isn't going to fly. I may be pregnant but, that doesn't mean I'm going to let you do what ever you want. I'll beat your ass, I'm not playing" Gio told me.

"I'm sorry" I repeated placing my hands on his waist and pulling him close.

"You better be" he whispered lightly touching my face.

"Your the best thing that has ever happened to me, you and our baby" I murmured.

"Glad you know " he laughed before kissing me.

He dominated my mouth and I loved it. Gio was so damn sexy. Laying on my back I pulled him so he was straddling my waist and hard on. My hands ran up his back before coming down and rubbing his stomach. He hadn't started showing yet but, he would be soon and I couldn't wait. I wanted everyone to know it was my child he was carrying.

"Hmm I love you" I moaned when he bit my bottom lip.

"I love you too. I can't wait till tomorrow" he mumbled placing his hands on my chest. One thing that really turned me on was our skin together especially with Giovanni and his tattoos. They complimented him really well.

"Me either and your right maybe I should tell my father. I wouldn't want him to keep anything from me no matter how bad" I sighed.

"No, I shouldn't of pushed. You can tell him when you feel like it" Gio spoke running a hand through his hair.

"You know your really amazing" I hummed.

"Your not too bad yourself" he replied flashing me his beautiful smile. Times like this made me thank go that I had him. Without Gio by my side I would of been wanted to give up but, he makes me want to fight. He makes me stronger.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Just a little romantic moment for you guys. Next, things take a turn at this dinner. Drama and more drama next up for you guys. I'm kind of surprised by how much reads I've received on this book. I didn't really think many would like it but, you do. What do you think is going to happen at this dinner?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺