Chapter 8: Say Goodbye

Derek's Pov

"Hey baby. What are you doing here? We aren't supposed to meet until another hour" Gio said when I walked into his office.

He looked sexy as hell sitting behind his desk, with his shirt unbuttoned showing a little bit of his inked chest. While his hair was broadcasting signs of him running his hands through it. Going towards him, I took a seat on the corner of his desk.

"I thought we could meet earlier. I forgot to tell you that I had a doctors appointment later on" I told him.

"What for?" he asked.

"Just a physical" I sighed.

"You want me to go with you. You sound like your dreading it" he spoke.

"No, I just rather be working. I hate going to the doctor but, she said that there's somethings they want to talk to me about. I'll probably be home a little later than usual" I told him.

"That's fine" Gio said standing up and pecking my lips but, I wasn't having that.

Wrapping my arms around his waist I pulled him forward and smashed my mouth onto his. He quickly allowed me entrance when I gripped his ass in my hands.

"Derek" he moaned when I pulled away.

"That's a real kiss" I mumbled letting him go and smirking at his flushed face.

"Your real kiss just made me really hard" Gio whispered.

"Sex in the office?" I offered.

"Nah, I actually want to talk to you" he said.

"About what?" I asked rubbing his sides.

"We never got to have our discussion about us have children" he spoke and I instantly tensed.

"Um yeah. You want to have this conversation right now?" I groaned.

"Yes I just want you to understand where I'm coming from. I want us to have kids. Not many just two or three maybe" Gio said.

"I understand that you want children Giovanni but, I'm not ready. I'm sorry. I don't want any kids" I breathed and he just stepped out my arms.

"Since when? Tell me where the hell did this come from all of a sudden?" he demanded glaring at me.

"I don't know" I mumbled rubbing my head.

"So, what am I supposed to do with that, just accept it because I don't. Does your changed mind have anything to do with me? Is it because of my condition?" he questioned and I could tell it would crush him if I confirmed his doubts.

"No, I love everything about you" I told him.

"Apparently not enough to have a baby with me right!" he snapped and by the look in his eyes crazy Gio was just hovering under the surface.

"I don't want to argue with you. Your the one that wanted to have this conversation and I've already explained where I stand on the subject" I murmured.

"Yeah well it's not over. When we got together the I thought the presence of kids in the future was known. Obviously I was wrong. Marriage is about compromise so, I'm sure we can agree to one" Giovanni reasoned.

"We can't and I'm sorry. Maybe I'll change my mind but, right now it's made up. I want to give you everything you've ever dreamed of and wished for but, children isn't one of them" I spoke.

"I want to be a father" he whispered looking down at his wedding band.

"I know" I sighed hugging him.

I kissed his head and just held him in my arms. It broke my heart to see him unhappy. Giovanni was my life, my everything.

I didn't ever want to lose him and adding a child would just be someone else I'd maybe have to say goodbye to. I couldn't do it because then I'd officially break down.

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞

Gio and Derek are disagreeing on a baby. Do you think they could work out a compromise? Is Derek being fair to Giovanni? Also what's Derek talking about towards the end?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞