Chapter 21: Don't Leave Me

Giovanni's Pov

"What do you think we should name her?" Derek asked as he rubbed and placed kisses on my stomach

"What do you think we should name her?" Derek asked as he rubbed and placed kisses on my stomach. Neither one of us was tired so, we stayed up talking about the baby.

"How do you know it's going to be a girl?" I questioned smiling.

"Just have a feeling. Besides I want a girl first, a little princess" he hummed.

"I thought you wanted a boy first" I mumbled locking our hands together.

"I changed my mind. I want a girl that looks like you so, I can spoil the hell out of her" he hummed.

"Girls are harder to raise. What about when she starts dating?" I asked.

"I'm not worried. I say by forty years old she'll be old enough" he laughed.

"Okay and the funny thing is your not even playing" I chuckled.

""I'm no-" Derek started but, was stopped by nasty cough. He covered his mouth with his hand and when he pulled it away I saw blood.

"Shit" I muttered sitting up. I helped him as he continued coughing his lungs out.

Going into the bathroom, I quickly grabbed some tissue and gave it to him so he could clean himself. In the meantime I put on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

"Baby are you okay?" I questioned kneeling in front of him.

"Gio I'm fine" he said his voice raspy.

"Your not and I'm taking you to the hospital dammit" I groaned picking him out some sweats and helping him put them on.

"Baby please stop worrying" he mumured rubbing the side of you face.

"When it comes to you I can't. Now try to stand up so, we can go down to the car" I told him.

The first time he tried getting to his feet he almost fell so, the second time I wrapped his arm around my neck and helped him. It was a slow process making it down the steps because every few minutes he was coughing. The more blood I saw, the more worried I got.

When we finally made it to the car. I placed him in the back so, he could rest as I got in the drivers seat. I sped my way to the hospital and as I made to the emergency entryway that's  when Derek threw up blood in the back seat.

"Fuck" I muttered as I got his pale body out and helped him inside.

"Somebody come and help us right fucking now!" I snapped. One of the nurses and doctors came over with a gurney that they placed him on.

"What's going on?" the doctor asked.

"He has cancer and blood just keeps coming out of his mouth. So you tell me what the hell is wrong?!?" I growled.

"Alright let's take him to the back. Sir your going to have to wait out here" he told me.

"No, that's my husband. I have to be with him" I argued.

"I understand but, you can't come back there. We'll send somebody out when we have news" the nurse spoke.

"Okay. Just-Just help him please" I whispered. They nodded before rolling him through the double doors.

Taking a deep breath I went over to the waiting room and sat down. A couple people were staring at me weirdly, so I decided to go to the bathroom because I was in no mood to go off on anyone at the moment.

As I stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom I noticed I had some of Derek's blood on my hands and shirt. Turning on the sink I hastily tried to clean myself up but, halfway through I felt myself breaking down into tears. I knew that at the moment I was close to losing him forever and I wasn't ready.

⏩⏩

"Gio you need to rest. Your stressing yourself and the baby out" my mom said rubbing my shoulders.

I nodded before taking a seat on one of the couches. After I had my crying session in the bathroom I called everyone to let them know what was happening.

Derek's father looked just as bad as me, maybe worst. I felt bad for him because this was the second time he had to watch someone he loved go through this. First his wife and now his son. It took half an hour for the doctor to come out and talk to us but, it felt way longer.

"The cancer is becoming aggressive and is starting to attack his immune system heavily. That's why he was coughing up all the blood. We're going to need to operate quickly and remove the cancerous part of his brain but, there are risks" he explained.

"What kind of risks?" Shawn questioned.

"Potential brain damage and he might not even survive the surgery. Then again everything can go completely fine. We won't know until after" the doctor said.

"Is he awake?" I asked.

"He is conscious and he wants to do the surgery" the man told us.

"I want to see him" I sighed.

"You'll only have about 20 minutes. Time is crucial if we want a high probability for success" he breathed.

"Okay. Take me to him" I murmured.

The doctor led me to the back where the patients were kept. When I stepped into Derek's room and saw him laying on that bed I kind of broke. I had never seen him like this, all pale and weak.

"Hey baby" he hummed as I came over to the side of his bed.

"Hey" I mumbled grabbing his hand.

"I'm going to be fine" he told me.

"You are because if your not I'm going to beat your ass. I was serious. You can't leave us here" I sniffled placing his hand on my stomach.

"I won't. You know from the first time I saw you in the diner I knew I wanted to spend my life with you. You were everything I never knew I needed in my life" he said.

"Please...please be okay" I cried before kissing his lips softly.

"Promise" he replied.

"Guys it's time" the doctor spoke coming in. I nodded and stepped aside so they could wheel him out. I watched as they took away the man I loved and I had no idea if he'd be coming back to me ever again.

**Please listen to this song. It sums up the entire chapter.

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

Yes I know you guys all hate me. This was a very sad chapter and honestly I haven't decided what to write next. Maybe Derek dies, maybe he doesn't. I don't know. Though next is the epilogue. I know, I'm just delivering bad news today.What dhould the epilogue be? And should Derek live?

Oh and boy or girl?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐