Chapter 17: Lay With Me, For Maybe The Last Time

Giovanni's Pov

After I went and showered I headed over to the house

After I went and showered I headed over to the house. I hoped that this whole thing happened as smoothly as possible. I really didn't feel like dealing with an arguement. As I was driving over there my phone started ringing. It was hooked up to the Bluetooth system so, I didn't have to take my eyes off the road.

"Hello?" I asked coming to a red light.

"Hi Gio. I need to ask a favor from you" Derek's father spoke.

"Sure" I hummed.

"It's been three days and he hasn't shown up to work. No one's gotten a call and we're all swamped with paperwork. I was just wondering if you could go over and check up on him. I know that he's taking this whole separation hard" he said.

"Actually I'm on my way over their right now so, I'll see what's going on with him" I sighed feeling slightly guilty because I knew what he was going through.

"Okay thanks. Before I go, how is the baby?"he questioned.

"The baby is doing fine" I replied.

"Great. I'll talk to you later. Bye" he murmured.

"Bye" I hummed as I pulled up to the house.

Grabbing my keys, I got out and started for the door. Derek's car was out front so, I knew he was here but, when I entered the house it was completely quiet. Jogging up the steps, I went down the hall to the master bedroom. When I opened the door it was completely dark but, the light I was letting in helped me see the form in the bed.

 When I opened the door it was completely dark but, the light I was letting in helped me see the form in the bed

"Derek what are you doing in the dark?" I sighed going over to the curtains. I opened them a little not wanting to hurt his eyes. Luckily he was buried under the sheets.

"Why are you here?" he whispered so softly I barely heard him.

"I came to pick up some clothes and on my way here your dad called. He said you haven't been to work in three days. He's worried about you and he thinks it's because of the seperation" I explained.

"This is all your fault then?" he questioned.

"No, I'm not the one that cheated" I breathed.

"It was two years ago and it only happened once. I've never cheated on you any other time. You should of gave me a second chance. Marriage is about forgiveness and working through our issues but, you'd rather just throw it all away" he grumbled.

"Your not flipping this shit on me Derek. I'm not the one that stepped out of our marriage, you are. Now your facing the consequences so, get your ass from under the blankets. I want to look at your face as I'm cussing you out" I told him.

"No, and as much as this seperation has hurt me it isn't the reason I haven't been into work" Derek mumured.

I walked over to the side of the bed and pulled the covers off his face receiving the shock of my life. His dreads were gone, actually all of his hair was and his skin looked a little pale. Bring my hand up I ran my fingers over his bald head.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was starting to fall out. The cancer is progressing a little faster than my doctors thought. I had to cut it off so, I can get ready for surgery" he responded.

"What kind of surgery?" I questioned confused.

"I'm doing one more round of chemo then there taking me under the knife to remove the cancerous tumor" he answered and my heart sank.

"Why didn't you call and tell me?" I mumured.

"I wanted my husband to be by side but, I don't even know if we're that anymore. I'd rather have you stay away and not give me any hope. In the end it will only be because I'm sick. I want it to mean more" he sighed leaning his head back against the headboard.

"Just because we're having issues doesn't mean I stop loving you automatically. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be broken if something happened to you. As much as I hate to admit it right now everything big or small that happens to us will always be more" I told him.

It was the truth. You couldn't spend seven years with someone and then expect to wipe yourself clean of them, that isn't how it worked. I've been trying to do it over the past couple of days and it's hard. I love Derek and always will even if he did hurt me. This man had my heart and at the moment I didn't want it back.

"Lay with me" he mumbled grabbing my hand.

I nodded before removing everything except my boxer briefs. Getting into the bed I placed myself with my back against his chest, allowing him to wrap his arm around me. I had been missing this and knowing that the possibility of me losing him has risen. It made me want enjoy it because I didn't know if this would be the last time.

💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲

Wrote this pretty quickly. This chapter was sad with Derek and his cancer. I think this kinda put things in perspective for Giovanni and their relationship. Now will they stay and work things out, you'll just have to wait and see? What do you think of Derek at this point?

VOTE/COMMENT

P.S Has anyone ever watched the show SKAM. I just finished it and now I'm adding Evak (Even and Isak) to my list of ships to obsess over. They are so cute. If you have to seen it, I highly recommend you do.

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲