Chapter 4: No More Lies or Secrets

Giovanni's Pov

"Have a good night, boss" Alberto said waving at me as he walked out the door

Sighing I locked up behind him before him and went back to my office. Grabbing my things, I locked my office and headed out the back door. As usual Derek was out there waiting for me. I smiled and walked over getting in.

"Hey baby" he said leaning over and giving me a kiss.

"Hey" I mumbled.

"Alright let's head home, changed and then go to my father's house for dinner" he spoke pulling out.

I just nodded before pulling out my phone. I scrolled through my messages and saw one that automatically drew my attention.

Tommy:
Hey Gio this is Tommy. I know it's been a while but, I just finished my tour in Syria and I'm back in town. I had run into Chanelle and she gave me your number. I was wondering if we could meet up. Just call me if you want to set up a time and place.

"I am going to kill her" I sighed.

"Who?" Derek asked.

"Chanelle. I just got a text from Tommy" I sighed.

"Your ex-boyfriend?" he asked confused.

"Yeah, we used to date in high school and throughout college. He had proposed to me but, I said no. He was heading out to the army and I didn't want start a marriage like that. So, Tommy and I ended it but, apparently my best friend ran into him and gave him my number" I explained.

"Oh, so is he a nice guy?" he questioned pulling up to our house.

"He is great. Tommy was a total gentleman and he was really good to me. The day he told me he was enlisting it broke my heart. I didn't want him over there putting his life in danger but, one thing about Tommy is he loves helping people" I told him as we got out the car and headed inside. I followed Derek upstairs to our bedroom.

"As long as he knows that your married I think you should talk to him. Maybe he just wants to catch up" he said unbuttoning his shirt and throwing it in the hamper. I followed suit and started removing my clothes.

"I don't want to catch up with him. When ex-boyfriends and girlfriends start popping up so do problems" I said stepping out of my dress pants.

"You're not wrong about that but, you don't know if he's already seeing someone or not. A talk isn't so bad" he spoke. I just eyed him as he went to the closet and started grabbing him some clothes.

"Really because I remember you used to threaten to kill any men that just looked at me and now your encouraging me to hang out with my ex-boyfriend. One that was almost my husband" I said confused.

"Well he isn't your husband, I am. I trust you Gio and if he does try something I know you can handle yourself" Derek shrugged.

I didn't know how to feel about that. On one hand, I was proud that he trusted me and new that I would never let anyone touch me in ways that he was only meant to. But, I was kind of sad that he wasn't acting like his usual, jealous and possessive self.