part 12

We listened to the conversation intently.
~
"Yeah, the one that got away I guess" Jake said.

"What do you mean? Where you expecting him to not find her?" Chance asked.

"I was kinda hoping so. You know what I wanted." Jake retorted.

"I thought you were kidding dude, she's only 13 and clearly suffered enough. That's sick." He spat.

"Maybe it is but I tend to find a way to get what I want." Jake replied.

"What you want? What you want is to rape a young girl and ruin her life as Logan's daughter?" Chance said with disgust.

"Unless she agrees to it." Jake replied. My stomach churned. What an awful man.

"That's still a criminal offence in America" chance replied, clearly uncomfortable now.

"Well then call me a felon." Jake told him.

"A felon can't run team 10." Chance said, with a touch of anger in his voice.

"Shit... the phone was connected to logan this whole time" Jake said.

"Good, now he knows to stay the fuck a way from you, you sick shit." Chance said. "You would have never gotten away with it with me around." Chance said.

"Bye logan." Jake said before hanging up.
~
Logan's knuckles were white as he was gripping the steering wheel.

He turned the car around and called Tessa. "Hey, get team 10 out of the house, leave Jake though, I have something to talk to him about." He said.

I could hear a faint "Yeah" from her.

"And could you take Doreen with you? I'll be there in a few minutes." He told her.

After a reply I couldn't really hear he put his phone down.

"Logan, don't do anything stupid please?" I asked.

"I'll try not to." He told me, sincerity in his voice, almost hidden from the anger.

Then we pulled up to the house with Tessa in the driveway.

"Hey, come on Doreen. We're headed to the park to walk around and chat." She told me.

"Thanks" logan said to her. She looked worried, I was too. I have never seen him quite this angry before, not even at my uncle.

Tessa walked me to the car and it was just me her and chance in the car and the rest if team 10 took somebody else's.

"Doreen, chance told me everything, I don't think Jake is gonna be the leader of team 10 much longer." She told me. I could hear how truly sorry she was in her voice.

"If I would have known any of this I would have never helped jake." Chance told me, trying to apologize. "I'm so so sorry I put you in danger."

"Its alright, neither of you did anything, do you possibly have the iPad for the security cameras?" I asked.

"Yeah" he told me before handing me the iPad.

"What the fuck jake?! How the hell could you do this to me?! This is not brotherly love, this is pure hatred and disregard of me!" Logan yelled.

"I'm sorry, I'm fucking sorry okay? I make mistakes sometimes, I'm not always mr.perfect." he said sheepishly.

"MISTAKE? YOU THINK THIS WAS JUST A SIMPLE MISTAKE? I NEVER MADE THIS MISTAKE? OOPS, I MURDERED SOMEBODY, MY BAD? THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS. THAT'S NOT A MISTAKE, JAKE, TGATS CALLED BEING SICK IN THE HEAD!" Logan yelled before pushing him up against the wall and lifting him up off the ground.

He held him up by his neck. It didn't frighten me, that's how my uncle held me sometimes. I knew it wouldn't hurt him for long.

"Logan I'm sorry, maybe I am fucked up okay? Maybe i do need help? I'm so fucking sorry I don't even know how to express it" he yelled, clearly just trying to get himself out of the situation.

"No, I'm done with your fake apologies and your empty eyes. I can't deal with you anymore jake." He said with a twist of anger.

I felt bad for Jake. He was going to get hurt real bad. Then again, he was going to hurt me real bad too, and id rather not.

Then logan took that one crucial first swing. It connected with Jake's stomach as he struggled to get out of Logan's grip.

Logan kept swinging and swinging. He wouldn't stop until Jake finally spit blood. Logan then dropped him into the ground.

He lay there gasping for air as he drooled blood everywhere before logan took a final kick to knock him out.

"Don't. Ever. Touch. Her. Again." He said before walking out.

I switched cameras and watched him go outside and start hitting his head against the wall. Finally he got in the car to drive.

I handed the iPad back to chance and said "we're gonna wanna go back and help jake." With a flat tone.

Chance looked at the camera and gasped. "Jesus Tessa turn the car around" he told her as he stared at the screen in horror.

"You where able to watch that go down? How could you look at that with such a straight face?" He asked me.

"I've seen enough terrors worse than that to last a lifetime. Believe me, he will be fine if you lay him in bed." I told them. "Sore, but fine"

Tessas eyes got wide as she saw logan comming. They both rolled to a stop and rolled down their windows.

"Can Doreen stay with you tonight?" He asked her.

"Yeah sure, where are you going?" She asked him.

"I'm going to the gym to cool off, I don't want to take anything out on her by accident." He replied. Still a twist of anger in his voice.

"Okay, and we saw Jake on the camera already. Well try to keep her away from that. Well also lock Jake in his own room." She told him.

"Thanks" he said before driving off.

The car ride back was silence. Chance had called the rest of team 10 and asked them if they were able to find a hotel for the night. But getting to the house is when my heart started to pound.

We walked in the door and Tessa hadn't seen the picture of Jake yet, she screamed and ran to him.

"Tessa, hell be fine, me and chance will carry him up to bed and you can grab an ice pack or two to give to him." I told her.