<10>

Sherlock pov
--~~--~~--
Walking into the pool I pull the flash drive out of my pocket.
"Bought you a little getting to know you gift" I call out. "This is what it's all been about isn't it, distracting me from this,"
A door opens behind me, turning to address the person I freeze.
"Evening, this is a little turn-up, isn't it... Sherlock,"
"John?" I mutter a little confused, a feeling of... betrayal.
He did warn me, about sentiment, I should have listened.
John moves his jacket aside
"What... would you like me... to make him say... next?" He says showing the bomb vest under.
Relieved but still fully aware of the current situation I glare around the room looking for him, for the real Moriarty.
"Gottle-o-gear... Gottle-o-gear Gottle-o-gear Gottle-o-gear..." John says his voice slightly wavering but staying strong.
"Stop it!" I harshly say knowing full well he meant to torment me.
"Nice touch this, the pool... where little Carl died... I stopped him... I, I can stop John Watson to... stop his heart" John says a giant holding strong for the most part but his nerves slightly showing.
"Who are you!?" I ask looking around again.
A door at the other end of the pool opens
"I gave you my number, though you might call," an Irish voice calls out in a taunting tone.
The man walks out into the open as I turn to face him.
"Is that a British army browning l9a1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me," he taunts.
I pull the gun out aiming at him
"Both," I say
He stands hands in his pockets with a smirk.
"Jim Moriarty... hi," he says monotonous "Jim, Jim from the hospital?" He says as he starts to walk closer.
I steady the gun with my other hand
"Oh.. did I really make such a fleeting impression, but then I suppose that was rather the point," he says
I look to John slightly annoyed that the rifle was still aimed at him.
"Oh don't be ridiculous someone else is holding the rifle, I don't like to get my hands dirty," he stops still at the other end of the room but now in front of us.
" I've given you a glimpse Sherlock, a tiny glimpse of what I have going on out there in the world. I'm a specialist you see... like you" he smirks.
I take a small breath
"Dear Jim, please won't you fix it for me... to get rid of my lover's nasty sister. Dear Jim please won't you fix it for me to disappear to South America," I start as he walks closer with a psychopathic look in his eyes and a grin on his face.
"Just so," he says
"Consulting criminal...brilliant" I mutter both irritated and impressed.
"Isn't it" he smiles.
"No one ever gets to me... and no one ever will," he says smile dropping
"I did," I say
"Hmm you've come the closest, but now you're in my way," he says his voice slightly higher than before. 
"Thank you," I smirk
"Didn't mean it as a compliment," he snaps.
"Oh yes you did," I reply
"Yeah ok I did," he grins "but the flirtings over Sherlock, daddy's had enough now!" He says in a singsong voice.
"I've shown you what I can do, cut loose all those people all those little problems even thirty million quid just to get you to come out and play.... so take this a friendly warning... my dear... back off, although. I have loved this... this little game of ours playing Jim for IT, playing gay. Did you like the little touch with the underwear" he says with a grin.
"People have died," I say My eyes never leaving the psychotic man.
"That's what people do!" He says screaming do.
The whole pool goes silent for a split-second.
"I will stop you," I say
"No you won't," he counters.
I look at John
"You Alright?" I ask
Moriarty walks up to him. A grin on his face.
He leans close to John
"You can talk...Johnny boy go ahead" he says
Seeing how nervous John was having the man that close I hold out the flash drive.
"Take it," I say.
"Oh, that...the missile plans," he says taking the flash drive from my hand and kissing it.
"Booriiing" he calls out in a singsong tone "could have got them anywhere," he says tossing it into the pool.
John dashes forward holding Moriarty's arm by his side in a bear hug like hold with one are while wrapping the other around his neck in a chokehold.
"Sherlock run!" He expresses
"Ohh good... very..." Moriarty chuckles out in seemingly no worry.
"Your sniper... he shoots and we both go up Mister Moriarty..." John says in a hushed tone
"Very sweet I can see why you like having him around but then... people do Get so sentimental about there pets" Moriarty grins "so touchingly loyal but then whoops you've rather shown your hand there... doctor Watson" he chuckles.
A door behind them opens as another rifle is aimed at Sherlock. Not even taking notes of the gun aimed at him Sherlock's eyes widen.
John's eyes stay locked on the little red dot dancing around Sherlock's forehead as he slowly let's go of Moriarty.
"Gotcha" Moriarty smirks.
"Westwood," he says brushing off his suit.
John turns slowly to look behind him.
"Maria?" He mutters as we take in the girls disrelished looks, mud covered her legs and hands as though she had tripped or been pushed down her hair was a mess and she had a bruise forming on her wrists from being manhandled.
She looks up with a scowl,
"John, Sherlock" she greets with a nod. Her eyes were slightly red but strong as she held herself with as much confidence as she could wear a bomb vest identical to the one on John had.
Moriarty smirks.
"D'ya know what happens if you don't leave me alone Sherlock... to you," he says
"Oh let me guess... I get killed" I say monotonous as I glance at Maria to make sure she is ok.
"Kill you?" Moriarty makes a face "n-no don't be obvious I mean... I'm going to kill you anyway someday... I don't want to rush it though," he smirks "I'm saving it up for something special, no no no no no, if you don't stop prying, I'll burn you... I'll burn the heart out of you," Moriarty says harshly.
"I have been reliably informed that I don't have one," I reply tightening my grip on the gun
Moriarty smirks "But we both know that's not quite true." he says eyes flicking behind him to where Maria stands. I glare slightly at him
"Well, I'd better be off. so nice to have had a proper chat." Moriarty says turning to leave "what if I was to shoot you now? Right now?" I say again adjusting my hold on the gun
"Then you could cherish the look of surprise on my face" he makes an over exaggerated face of surprise
"Cos I'd be surprised, Sherlock. Really, I would. And just a teensy bit disappointed." He says casually 
"And of course, you wouldn't be able to cherish it for very long." He jokes
"Ciao, Sherlock Holmes."
"Catch you later," I mutter
"No, you won't!" He calls back in a singsong voice.
I turn to John and Maria
"All right?" I ask putting the gun in down as I knell in front of John to take his vest off, after no reply I repeat
"Are you all right?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." He mutters his nerves leaving him out of breath. I rip the jacket off and throw the bombs across the room before moving on to Maria. 
"Are you OK,  did he hurt you?" I ask taking the bomb vest off and throwing it to the same general area as John's now lay.
"I'm fine just a little bruised... nothing too bad," she says not looking up from the ground.
"What's wrong?" I ask quietly.
"I was almost there, almost at the yard and they took me right from under their noses, from all those police officers and potential witnesses. If I had've used my head stayed in the crowd then I would have gotten away." She whispers as a small tear drops down from the tip of her nose to mix with the damp chlorine soaked floor.
"Its ok Maria it's going to be OK now, " I say softly
" glad no one else is here, to see that... you ripping my clothes off in a darkened swimming pool... people would talk." John jokes with a small chuckle
"People do little else," Maria says giving me a small smile.
"But talking has no meaning if what they are saying has no truth or purpose." She adds.
"That, er thing that you that you did, that, um you offered to do that was, um good," I say to John as the door which Moriarty left through opens again
"Oh - Sorry, boys. I'm so changeable!"He calls out "It is a weakness with me, but to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness." He grins from the other end of the pool just past where the bomb vests now are
"You can't be allowed to continue. You just can't." He says with a small head shake
"I would try to convince you, but everything I have to say has already crossed your mind."