<25>

Sherlock pov

As I arrived home my mind muddled after what happened at the abandoned factory. I go to open the door but what looks to be crow bar marks cause me to pause and take caution. I carefully push the door open and quietly walk in. Quickly checking Mrs Hudsons apartment I find more signs of a break in and Mrs Hudsons abandoned cleaning supplies.
Quietly observing the scene I find evidence of a struggle going up the stairs. I pick up a spray can of cleaning product and make my way upstairs as the sudden need to protect my landlady washes over me.
I slowly enter the room hands behind my back.
"Oh sherlock- sherlock," Mrs Hudson starts to babble, clearly shaken up.
"Don't snivel Mrs Hudson," I quip, making eye contact with the American
"It will do nothing to impede the flight of a bullet," I say looking to her
"What a tender world that would be," I add.
"Oh, please, sorry, sherlock," she sobs.
"I do believe that you have something we want, Mr Holmes," the American man says with the attempt of intimidation.
"Then why don't you ask for it," I reply while walking towards Mrs Hudson and taking her shaking hands in mine and looking at the bruises forming on her frail wrists from the man handling of these pitiful Americans.
"I've been asking this one but she doesn't seem to know anything," the American pauses slightly
"But you know what I'm after, don't you, Mr Holmes," he states glaringly oblivious to the lack of effect that his intimidation tactics arw having on me.
I take in Mrs Hudsons state. 
Bruises, torn cardigan, a cut on her face which indicates that the American had slapped her. These injurys only fuel my anger towards this American imbicile.
"I believe I do," I say quietly as Mrs Hudson whimpers for help.
"First get rid of your boys,"
"Why?" The American questions.
"I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the one room," I demand. The American glares at me
"You two go to the car," he complies.
"Yes and then drive away, Do not try and trick me, you know who I am, you know it doesn't work," I snap starting to reach my limits with these idiotic American men. Once the men leave I motion to the gun,
"Next you can stop pointing that gun at people," I say
"Why so you can point a gun at me?" He asks with a scoff.
"I am unarmed," I say raising my arms.
"Mind if I check," the American asks gesturing to me with the gun.
"Oh I insist,"
Once he has come forward to Pat me down, circling around to my back. I roll my eyes and pull out the spray going for his eyes then head butting him unconscious.
"Moron," I mutter slamming the canister down on the table and turning to check on Mrs Hudson
"Oh, thank you," she sighs relived.
"Your All right now, your all right," I say soothingly
"Yes, yes Oh," she sighs.
I turn to the American and narrow my eyes.
"John and Maria should be home soon, will you be ok waiting for them downstairs," I ask.
"Oh, yes," she says slowly getting up and with shakey steps making her way down stairs.

---***---
Maria's pov.
As we get back I immediately notice something is off and seeing the evidence of forced entry and a note from my father reading 'crime in progress please disturb' strengthens that thought causing me to run in take sure everything is OK. I stumbled into Mrs Hudsons apartment and find her sitting at the table slightly shaken.
"Oh God, oh my God are you ok?!" I ask kneeling next to her.
She nods
"I'm fine now it's ok, I'm okay just a little shaken," she assures. I turn to John.
"I'll Go check on Sherlock, you stay here tend to her" I say standing and patting her shoulder with a warm smile. 
"Ok," John murmurs. I run up the stairs and burst into the room.
"Whats going on, what the hell is happening!?" I ask as I notice the American from our first meeting with Irene tied to a chair with duck tape over his mouth and many cuts and bruises.
"Mrs Hudson has been attacked by an American I am restoring balance to the universe," Sherlock says from a chair in the corner, holding a gun aimed at the American in one hand and his phone to his ear with the other.
"Oh Jesus, and you let her be alone downstairs!?" I say mildly appalled.
"I knew you weren't far off, she's ok now isn't she," he says. I roll my eyes and turn to the American, the same one who had tried to have me shot at Irene's house.
"I guess that means it my turn," I sneer stalking towards him with my shoulders hunched.
"I must say I wanted to punch you before from trying to have me killed but I missed the opportunity, now I want to even more, nobody messes with my friends, my family," I hiss, pulling my fists back and decking him on the nose, the satisfying crack and blood telling me I most definitely broke it. I hide the pain that is now bursting through my knuckles with a grin as I take another swing.
"Your a sick bloody person! Going after an elderly woman like that! And you deserve everything that is coming to you," I whisper deciding the punches were hurting me to much. I drag the chair and him to the window the adrenaline I felt making it easier than it normally would be. I undo the latch and then the ropes holding him to the chair. Before he has the chance to get up I tip it and push him to the ledge of the window.
"Oops" I hiss with a glare. He had managed to catch hold of the ledge and was hanging there struggling.
"Lestrade, we've had a break in at baker street, send your least irritating officers and an ambulance," Sherlock says into the phone placing the gun on the table and joining me by the open window.
"Oh no, no, no, we're all fine it's the- it's the ah burglar, he's gotten himself badly injured, few broken ribs, broken nose, fractured skull, I suspect probably a punctured lung," he says Looking down at the American.
"Hmm, he feel out of a window," he says pressing a heel into the man's fingers as he hangs up the call.
The man looses his grip and falls, I turn and walk to the door.
"Im going to help John comfort Mrs Hudson, you can clean up the trash," I state emotionlessly as I reach to hold my tender and slightly throbbing hand.