<14>

Maria pov.
I shuffle into the kitchen yawning. As I make my self a coffee Mrs Hudson walks in.
"Morning dear did you sleep well?" She asks going to the fridge.
"Hmm, I s'pose so" I answer tiredly, picking up an apple from the table and taking a bite.
Miss Hudson smiles and starts going through the fridge grimacing and throwing putrid food out. She opens the vegetable drawer and pulls out a bag. Looking at it closer she gasps.
"THUMBS!" She says in shock throwing them back in the fridge.
I abruptly stand and dash forward to see.
"I swear to whatever God people believe in these days I will have a very long talk with molly hooper about giving my father access to body's" I hiss under my breath as I pick them up and drop them In a small portable chiller box.
"I'm sorry the door...the door was open," A male voice says leading to both me and Mrs Hudson swivelling around to see an obese man faint.
"BOYS!" Mrs Hudson yells
"YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER ONE!"
I sigh as I close the box.
"Can you fill me know when I get back I'm going to return these to the morgue," I say grabbing my coat from the back of the door as I walk out.

Sherlock's pov.
I walk out of my room wrapped in a sheet and pick up the computer.
"Show me the stream," I say to John.
"Slightly humiliating..." he mutters as he turns the laptop towards the stream.
"Hmm not really," I say leaning forward. The door downstairs opens and shuts.
"It is for me," John says "Why couldn't you come out here?" He says. Maria walks in takes one look at me and walks to our room muttering under her breath.
"This is a six I don't leave the flat for anything under an eight we agreed yesterday." I say "move closer"
He turns the computer to face him.
"Yesterday, I wasn't even home yesterday I was in Dublin all day?" He says
"Hardly my fault you don't listen, show me the grass," I say rolling my eyes. Maria walks back into the lounge and sits in the chair next to me glancing momentarily at the client behind us.
"Do you just keep talking when I'm out?" John asks. The doorbell rings.
"Yes he does it is rather irritating most the time, amusing though," Maria says before looking at me
"What we got?" She asks as The doorbell rings out again
"Show me the car that backfired," I demand to ignore her question.
"SHUT UP!" I yell out to the doorbell. Before turning back to the screen.
"The car, it's just up there why? If your thinking gunshot it wasn't," John says. The detective inspector by him says something to direct the blame to the client behind me.
"And why would he Consult a private detective if he thought himself a suspect," Maria mutters beside me.
" 'Cus he thinks he's being clever thinks he can outsmart us," the inspector says.
"Have you seen him? Morbidly Obese, the right-hand sleeve of an Internet porn addict and the breathing pattern of an untreated heart condition, and you think he's a criminal mastermind? No, forget him he's just an idiot," I say
"I'm sorry what? Heart condition? What did you say" the client says behind me. I turn round slightly
"Nothing don't worry about it"
"Detective inspector... sorry I don't know your name... anywho what my pompous, ignorant friend hear is trying to say is go and look in the stream, " Maria says.
"Pompous!?" I say slightly insulted tone.
"The stream what's in the stream?" The inspector asks.
"Just go look," I say. Mrs Hudson enters with two men. High-quality suits, nice shoes, clean shaven, two... no three small dogs. They work inside not armed.
"Mister holmes you need to come with us." One demands while the other leans over to close the laptop. The one who closed the laptop then walks towards mine and Maria's room.
"HEY!" Maria snaps standing and following him.
"This is rude and uncalled for," she pouts as she is carried out by the man, her under one arm a neat pile of clothing under the other. The man sets her down and places the suit in front of me.
"SIR you will want to be dressed where your going." He says.
"Right well you have fun with that I might just go hang out with Delilah down at the cafe, she owes me a latte anyway," Maria says walking to the door but being stopped by one of the men grabbing the back of her shirt.
"Ma'am you need to be there too," he says.
"In that case, I'll wait in the car because it is clearly going to take a while to convince him to change." She mutters walking down with one of the men trailing behind her.
I stand up and follow.
"SIR please get dressed," the man asks
"Mmm, no," I say walking out.
I leave the flat still only wrapped in a sheet and get in the car next to Maria.
"Jesus." She mumbles putting her head in her hands to hide her embarrassment.
One of the men puts the clothes in the seat next to me and the gets in the front seat of the car, which then pulls out and starts the drive towards the obvious destination.