<18>

Maria
--~~-_-~~--

I walk into the room John called from. He is kneeling over the woman who answered the door checking her pulse and other vital signs.
"Is she alive?" I ask crouching next to him.
He nods slightly then stands and walks to the ensuite,
"Must have come in this way," he says as Sherlock walks in
"Clearly," he says Irene following him she sees the woman on the ground - I think her name was kate-
"It's alright, she's just out cold," John says
Irene seems to relax.
"Well God knows she's used to that, there's a back door," she says. I give her a look and roll my eyes standing up.
"You go check that, John," I say
He glances to Sherlock who nods.
"Sure," he says walking out of the room
I see Irene pull something out of the draw and become suspicious.
"Your very calm," Sherlock says.
She looks at him with slight confusion
"Well, your booby trap did just kill a man, not to mention you were held at gunpoint, just as I had been," I point out to her trying to move to get a Better view of what she held.
"He would have killed me, it was self-defence in advance," she says hiding her hand behind her and walking closer to Sherlock. She runs a hand down his arm.
"No!" I yell to warn him but to late, she stabs the needle into his arm.
"What...? What is that? What..." he mutters pulling the needle out and letting it clatter to the floor.
Irene slaps him causing him to fall then turns to me.
"Give it to me. Now. Give it to me," she demands holding her hand out.
"You're crazy!" I say looking at my father as he falls to the floor.
"What did you give him!?" I ask
"Give it to me," she demands again
"No," I say taking a small step back as she moves towards me.
"Give it to me!" She says. I shake my head
"Ah, no!" Sherlock murmurs
"Oh, for goodness sake!" She huffs picking up a riding crop. She slaps it across my face causing me to drop to my knees and hiss in pain.
"Drop it," she says.
I look up at her and with a challenging glare shake my head
"I said drop it!" She yells slapping me with each word.
I grimace with each hit and drop the phone while falling down.
"Ah, thank you, dear, now tell that sweet posh thing, that the pictures are safe with me, not for blackmail, just for insurance," Adler says looking down at us. I try to push the phone across the room but miss as Adler brings the riding crop down on my hand causing me to miss.
"Besides, I might want to see her again," she adds.
 I grunt, pulling my hand away and trying to push myself up.
"Oh, no, no, no, no, no," Irene says running the riding crop down my cheek pushing me back down. She then moves to her desk and gets another syringe.
"Been a pleasure, don't spoil it," she says walking back to me.
"Your really not my type, and even if you were I don't think I like this kinky, BDSM stuff, it is far too painful, not to mention the age gap" I mutter in an attempt at humour to make up for my broken pride.
"I could be your type if I wanted to, age is just a number and I make it my business to accommodate to all" she whispers jabbing the needle into me with a sly smile.
"not even In your wildest dreams psycho bitch," I mutter.
She walks over to Sherlock who is still barely awake.
"This is how I want you to remember me, the woman who beat you, good night, Mr Sherlock Holmes," she says walking towards the bathroom.
John walks in and I close my eyes as they become heavy.
"Jesus, what are you doing?" He asks
"They'll sleep for a few hours, make sure he doesn't choke on his own vomit, it makes for a very unattractive corpse,"  she calls out sitting on the window sill
"What's this? What have you given them? Sherlock?" John asks
"Gee thanks, nice to know where your priorities lie," I slur laying my head down my cheek pressed into the cold hardwood floor.
"They'll be fine, I've used it on loads of my friends," Irene says
"That makes me feel no better," I slur my brain slower than normal,
"Sherlock, can you hear me?" John asks
"You know I was wrong about him, he did know where to look," she calls.
"He was really bloody slow with it," I mumble
"For what? What are you talking about?" John says
"The key code to my safe," Irene says
"What was it?" John asks. Irene looks at me, I can only see a blurry outline but I can feel her eyes on me.
"Shall I tell him?" She says
"It was her... measurements," I say groggily, she falls backwards out of the window and John runs up to look out. I hear the sirens approaching and see Sherlock one last time try to get up before he passes out.
"Is that le strudel?" I ask as someone approaches

____

(bonus)

"what's going on here?" Lestrade asks "one dead numerous unconsi- oh christ more unconscious,"  John looks up at him and shakes his head slightly,

"Adler is gone, she drugged them with something I don't know what but I was assured it was only a sedative of sorts," he mumbles with uncertainty.

"holy heaven and hell Le Strudel, Whats on, why is everything so heavy," I whimper rolling awkwardly onto my side and curling into a ball, "my Tummy is so tiny, Mama, is it dinner time yet? father is to thin. why can't Uncle Micky mouse come? Am I dying, Oh lordy I'm dying." I ramble on my brain foggy and vision clouded by darkness as I slowly lose consciousness.