<12>

Sherlock pov

After a long boring day of boring clients, I sit in my chair hands steepled under my chin.
"Maria, could you please make some tea?" I ask not looking up.
I wait a while for a reply then after roughly five minutes of silence I glance over to the couch.
"Maria?" I call out she shifts slightly but does not respond.
I sigh and stand swiftly.
Walking over I step over the coffee table and lean over her.
"Maria, do not ignore me," I say placing a hand on her shoulder and shaking her slightly.
She twitches slightly before rolling over and in turn off the couch resulting in knocking me over onto the coffee table. With a groan from both of us, she sits up rubbing her arm. She sends a glare in my direction as I slowly stand glancing down to make sure no damage had come to the small table.
"WHAT!? Do you want I was asleep!"  She snaps standing and opening and closing her hand into a fist to make sure it had not been injured in her awkward landing.
"I asked if you could make some tea," I say bluntly.
"Hmm seems you did not hear me father I... as in me... was asleep... as in did not want to be awake!" She huffs. "Get John to do it. Or better yet You can make your own bloody tea I'm going to bed," she says walking towards her room.
"It's only one," I say reluctantly sitting down.
"Yeah well I don't care I'm tired and I'm going to bed." She says sassily before closing her door.
Just as her bedroom door closes the front door opens.
John walks in with groceries.
"Oh John your home good could you make some tea, Maria won't make tea," I say as he sets the bags down.
"Why didn't you make your own tea then? Where is Maria anyway?" John asks sounding both confused and annoyed. 
"Hmm she went to bed just now because I woke her up and she fell off the couch, I really want tea" I mutter returning my hands to their steeped position under my chin.
"She fell off the couch!? Is she ok?" John asks putting the groceries away.
"Hmm, she seemed fine maybe a little bruised but otherwise just irritated," I say "still haven't figured out why though, her attitude is actually starting to concern me," I say glance to John as he puts the kettle on. With a small victory smile, I stand.
"Ok well, I will make you your God damn tea you lazy sod, go talk to your daughter because maybe that is what she needs right now," John says taking a cup out of the cupboard. "While you are at it ask if she would like a drink" he adds.
I walk to Maria's door and knock
"Maria, can I come in?" I ask
"What do you want now!?" She replies. I hear her footsteps as she moves from her bed to the door.
"I just want to talk," I say
She opens the door and then returns to her bed.
I step in and gently shut the door behind me.
"John has instructed me to ask if you are OK?" I say sitting down at her desk.
"Well that depends," she mutters snuggling into her bedding and rolling over so her back is to me
"Depends on what?" I ask curiously.
"Could you pick something up for me, from the supermarket?" She asks
"what do you need?" I ask yet again steeping my fingers under my chin.
"Some painkillers, pads and chocolate," she mutters. I stared at her my face going an impressive shade of red.
"Oh yeah sure," I say trying not to sound so shocked.
"Oh christ Sherlock, I am a female teenager father don't sound so surprised," she snaps rolling to face me
"Is there anything else you would like to talk about?" I ask
"Not.... not right now, maybe later though," she says
"Ok then I shall respect your space but just know, even though I resent sentiment, I am here for you if you need to talk," I say standing.
"Also John wants to know if you would like something to drink," I add as I walk to the door.
"Tell him I politely decline, and if he questions it tell him I've been stabbed in the stomach and film his reaction I need something to entertain me." She says curling up under her covers.
With a chuckle, I leave shutting the door behind me.

"So is she ok? Did she want a drink?" John asks as he hands me a cup of tea. I shake my head and hand it back to him
"No she doesn't want a drink," I say as he takes the cup in confusion. I pick my coat up of the back of one of the kitchen chairs and pull it on.
"Where are you off to? You didn't answer my question is she ok?" John says.
"I'm going to the shops, Maria is perfectly fine..." I pull my phone out and open the camera "She's Just been stabbed in the stomach" I say with as little emotion as I could.
His eyes widen and he immediately slams the cup onto the table scampering to get around to her room.
"Oh do calm down John she's fine," I chuckle sending the video to her.
"FINE YOU JUST SAID SHE'D BEEN STABBED THAT'S NOT FINE SHERLOCK!?" John shouts in panic pulling a first aid kit from under the sink.
Her door opens and she glances to me and gives me a pained smile of thanks.
"Could ya keep it down please John? I would really appreciate some peace and quiet right now." She says before shutting the door.
"You know I hate you sometimes," he sighs putting the first aid kit away.
"Why are you going to the shops I just got back we should have everything we need?" He asks picking his own tea.
"Think about it John I have a teenage daughter and just told you she'd been stabbed in the stomach," I say picking my wallet up and walking out the door.