<11>

"I would try to convince you, but everything I have to say has already crossed your mind."

***--third person--***

There, standing in the dark swimming center with thoughts running wild, Sherlock had two choices. Shoot Moriarty and end up sacrificing his own, Marie's and John's lives for all and any Moriarty could've and would've take if allowed to continue.
Or let him go most definitely killing the three on them anyway.
His eyes glance down between them and he smirks a plan forming.
"And I suppose that my answer has crossed yours" Sherlock says aiming down to the bomb vests in between them.
"I shoot and we all go up." He states.

the room is silent. as the four of them all find themselves staring at the bomb. 
all of a sudden the silence is snatched away by the sound of the bee-gees staying alive, a small groan and eye roll lets Sherlock, John and maria know that it is in fact Moriarty's ringtone.
"d'ya mind if I get that?" he asks with an annoyed tone.
"oh go ahead, you've only got till the end of your life." maria says sarcastically as she calmly leans against the frame of the door beside John. 
Moriarty pulls his phone out ignoring her and unlocks the screen, answering the call he holds the phone up to his ear 
"hello?, yes of course its me what do you want" he says mouthing a 'sorry' to us as he listens to the person on the other end rolling his eyes, Sherlock smirks and mouths a 'it's fine' in return.
 "SAY THAT AGAIN! ...say that again and know that if you are lying to me I will find you and I will skin you" he says in a psychotic tone.
Sherlock glances back towards Maria and John and raises an eyebrow. John looks confused and Maria just shrugs.
"Wait" Moriarty says to his phone he looks to us and walks to the bomb vest. looking down at it then up to us again. 
"sorry, wrong day to die" he says darkly
"oh well that's a shame" Maria mutters pushing off from the door frame.
"did you get a better offer?" Sherlock asks sending a look of keep-your-mouth-shut  to Maria.
"you'll be hearing from me Sherlock." he says walking away back to his phone call "if you have what you say you do I can make you rich, if not then ill make you a pair of shoes." he says as he leaves the room. as the door clicks shut behind him the small red dots of the snipers disappear and Sherlock turns to John and Maria.
"so... what just happened?" John asks breathing heavily. 
"well obviously someone changed his mind" Maria says holding a hand out to help John up.
"yes but the question is who?" Sherlock adds. 

-----time skip to baker street------

as Sherlock searches through papers on the desk and Maria lays on the couch with her arm draped over her eyes John types something on his laptop.
"what are you typing?" Sherlock asks John,
"a blog" John replies
"about what?"
"Us," 
"you mean Sherlock, your writing an awful lot aren't you," Maria smirks arm still over her eyes.
"Oh, you're awake," Sherlock says not even glancing at her. she sits up and swings her legs up to cross them 
"yes and I have been the whole time father, you have a client" Maria says looking to Sherlock
"what do you mean we have a..." John asks being interrupted by a single short ring from the doorbell "how did you...?" he says confused.
"while you two were chatting I was listening, to you, to nature, to traffic and more importantly to the footsteps of people walking past on the sidewalk, I think you should probably go let him in I'll get the chair." Maria sighs standing up and walking into the kitchen. 
"John," Sherlock says 
"yeah Sherlock?" John replies from the doorway
"Does Maria seem ... Distracted ... to you?" Sherlock asks
"not really, her attitude has changed a bit since being at that swimming pool ... but she is still as bloody annoying as you are," John says sarcastically.
"I can hear you both,  John your client is waiting and Miss Hudson is out shopping so do hurry," Maria calls out. John nods and walks down to let the client in as Maria walks out of the kitchen and sets one of the dining chairs in front of the two armchairs. she walks back into the kitchen to put the kettle on. John walks back in client following, I point to the chair and he sits.