Shikamaru Interlude

Disclaimer: Don't Own Naruto
The Song is Shikamaru's Lazy Genius(Wish I was A Cloud)
Edited: 8/13/17

HARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARUNOHARU

Shikamaru's Pov

"Shikamaru!"

'Troublesome' I thought. I turned around to see Ino running over here. Choji following her. I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want, Ino?" I asked her. She smiled and dragged me towards the academy. Otou-San was correct. Girls are weird. I sighed and lagged behind her.

"Let's go! Hurry up, lazy bum! Choji, come on!" Choji walked behind us, munching on barbecue chips.

We walked all the way to the Academy, then she let go of me to go look for our classroom assignment. I looked around, observing the gaggle of children, when I saw a boy with red hair holding hands with a girl with pink hair. He seems to be leading her to the assignment board.

I narrowed my eyes, wondering who he was. He seemed more mature than any of the kids here. His hair was also quite eye catching, but so was the girl's. Red and pink respectively.  They finally made it through the crowd, when Ino came out. She huffed and said, "We're in the same class. Room 193, taught be Iruka-sensei. Why did I have to be in the same room as you and Choji!?" She turned around and went into the auditorium. 'Why did we have to be in the same room with you, is the question.' I though silently.

I turned to see Choji behind me. 'Ne, Shika, munch, let's go, munch, to the auditorium too. Don't want to be late." I frowned and followed the gaggle of children walking towards the auditorium.

When we got into the gym, the others already got into lines. So Choji and I walked to our line. When we got in line, I noticed the two by the board making it inside and lining up 5 places behind me. I was about to ask Choji if he knew who those two were, when the Hokage started his speech.

I let the Hokage drone on and on. I almost fell asleep, but Choji kept nudging me. After 10 minutes, the opening ceremony finally finished. I yawned and stretched my body. I looked to the front of the line, and saw a man asking us to follow him into his classroom.

"Room 193, follow me!", he said. We all followed him into the classroom. Ino sat down in the lower levels. Choji and I sat down at least two seats away from her. I looked around and observed my class. There were many civilians, and some clan kids. The Hyuga, Aburame, and the InoShikaCho. Many of the civilians were laughing and joking around in the middle levels. Seems like they already made groups. More of the loner types sat in the back, they didn't seem to have an interest in talking.

Just then I saw a flash of red and pink in the corner of my eye. I turned and noticed the two from before coming this way. They sat down between us. The girl hit it off with Ino right away, they started to talk about Kunochi class, and clothing.

I stared at the boy, hoping he wouldn't notice me yet, but it seems like he did. He turned around and asked,"What?"

I was surprised, and opened my mouth, but couldn't think of what to say, so I closed it. Then I did it again. It's going to be awkward if I said I was watching him.

"Yes?", he asked. He turned and looked at me with beautiful green gem like eyes that sparkled. I muttered, "Troublesome." I rubbed the back of my head, a nervous habit, and asked him, "What's your name?"

He smiled and said, "Hmmm...My name is Haruno Yoru. Nice to meet you...?" I blinked surprised that he asked that. Most kids already know my name because I'm the heir of the Nara Clan. Their parents would want the favor of a clan and would tell them to befriend us. The name suits him though, I thought suddenly.