Part 2

Mark was mesmerized by those blue eyes.  They were just so bright.  The man carefully sat up, swinging his legs off the bed.  Mark stood very still, watching him stand up.  Mark wasn't sure what he should do, but he felt strangely calm.  The man stepped in closer to him, until they were mere inches apart.  Mark couldn't move or look away.  He just stood there breathless as the man started to place his hands on Mark's chest.  The moment took a turn, when the man let out a sharp whine and began to grasp his arm.  Mark shook his head, shaking the feeling of peace from his body.  The man flexed the fingers on his left hand as he held his arm close.  Mark's instincts kicked in and he automatically reached for the man's arm.  His mother was a nurse and he had broken enough bones to know if he had fractured something.  However, the man jerked back.  His wings shooting up behind him in a defensive posture, but with another sharp cry of pain, his left wing fell back down across the bed limply.

Mark raised his hands in surrender, telling him reassuringly.  "Whoa!  Easy now! I might be able to help".  Tears weld up in the mans eyes as he stared back at Mark in fear.  Mark couldn't tell if he understood or not.  So, he pointed to the man's hurt arm and tried to sound calm as he said.  "Can I see it? I can help".  The man continued to stare at him with that same fearful look, so he added a little curiously.  "Do you understand"?  The man simply nodded without saying a word.  Cautiously, Mark took his wrist and lightly pressed along the bone.  The man flinched and whined softly, but otherwise stood still.  Mark felt a little relief.  His arm wasn't broken.  Though it was horribly bruised.  Mark released his wrist, telling him softly.  "It's ok. You didn't brake it".  The man glanced at his limp wing and Mark hesitated.  He knew nothing about bird wings.  He never even owned one.

Moving closer to the bed, he tentatively ran his fingers along the top of the wing.  From what he knew of birds they only had a few bones in the wing.  The biggest being the top part.  The bone felt thin and intact... until he found where it had snapped.  The second his hand touched it, the man let out a sharp scream that broke the glass on his alarm clock and closet mirror!  Chica whimpered loudly, trying to bury her head underneath her dog bed.  Mark quickly stopped touching the wing and answered aloud.  "That is a bad fracture. Um... I'm not sure how I can fix that".  Mark glanced at the phone.  His mother might know.  Had she ever owned any birds?  Then with a reluctant sigh, he grabbed the phone and hit the number for the vet.  He couldn't take him in, but maybe he could get some answers.  It took a while for the vet to pick up, but eventually the woman asked him calmly.  "Mr. Fischbach? Is everything alright"?  Mark adjusted the phone, stating a bit nervously.  "Hello Doctor, I'm calling because I need your help. See, I have this... big bird... and It's got a fractured wing. What can I do"? 

The doctor seriously answered him.  "What kind of bird is it? Can you get it here"?  Mark glanced at the man in disbelief.  If he was having trouble with the idea of this guy being an angel... what would the vet do to him?  Taking a deep breath, Mark told her quickly.  "No. That isn't possible. It's wild. I don't want to stress it out. Just tell me what I have to do".  The doctor started to sound a bit put off as she stated.  "We can try to send someone out to take care of it, but if it is wild then you really should call in animal control".  Mark rolled his eyes and hung up.  That's not what he asked for.  It was a simply question.  The man gave him a concerned look and Mark told him a bit cheerfully.  "Well, forget the damn vet. I'll just google it myself".  When Mark was confident enough, he fetched his bandage from under his sink.  Bird bones were hollow and fragile.  If he didn't set it soon then the man may never fly again.

Mark chuckled a bit to himself as he thought about that.  Could this man really fly?  The humor vanished when he realized he'd have to pull the bone out to set it back into place.  It would hurt.  Mark gave the man a pitiful look, saying softly.  "You're probably gonna want to bite something. This won't be pleasant".  The man just stared back at him with soft innocent eyes.  Did he really understand him?  Unable to wait, Mark pulled the wing and felt horrible as he listened to the man cry out and claw at his bed.  Mark tried to stay focused on the wing.  Wrapping it up tightly and double checking the info on google.  Once it was wrapped up tight, Mark gently folded up the wing.  This would protect it from further damage according to the site.  Mark sighed loudly, brushing the man's green bangs out of his eyes.  The man's face was stained in tears, but Mark told him sweetly.  "I think I fixed it. Just try not to use it for awhile". 

The man nodded and Mark casually asked him.  "Do you have a name"?  The man nodded, but didn't say it.  Mark chuckled, asking happily then.  "Can you tell me? Can you even speak"?  The man touched his good hand to Mark's cheek.  That same weird peaceful feeling filling him again as he stared into those sky blue eyes.  Yet, as he stared the blue faded to white as the man's eyes began to glow with a bright white light.  They were almost too bright to look at.  Then just as fast as they faded back to those striking blue eyes.  Mark blinked in confusion.  What had he done to him?  The man removed his hand suddenly, answering in a distinct irish accent.  "Sean".  Mark hadn't been prepared for it and missed it.  When he asked again, the man told him with a small smile.  "My name. It's Sean".  Mark gawked for a second, before saying in disbelief.  "Hello Sean. Are you really a...".  Mark couldn't finish.  It sounded too silly.  Sean raised an eyebrow waiting only a second or two, before he answered bluntly.  "An angel? That is one of many names that we are called".

Mark took a deep calming breath, then muttered out.  "What the fuck was in those beers"?  Sean now looked at him a bit confused.  He almost seemed like he was about to ask Mark something, when the bedroom door flew open to reveal Bob and Wade.  Bob was the first to say aloud anxiously.  "What the hell is going on in here, Mark?! Sounded like you were killing someone".  Bob and Wade's faces suddenly went pale as their eyes darted from Mark and Sean.  Mark scuffed loudly, nervously waving to them and saying at a loss for words.  "Hey guys. So, this is Sean".  Sean slightly turned to look in their direction as Wade muttered out to them all curiously.  "Does Sean have wings? Or is it just me"?  To Be Continued...