Part 3

Bob and Wade slipped carefully into the room and Mark quickly approached to stop them from getting to close.  They couldn't take their eyes off Sean.  Bob tried to move around Mark, asking a bit perplexed.  "Are those wings real"?  Mark grabbed Bob's arm, telling him a bit worried.  "Guys, come on. Don't crowd him. He's injured".  Wade twisted out of Mark's grip, approaching Sean a bit fast as he said excitedly.  "We're not going to hurt him, Mark. We just want to look".  Sean's right wing started to stretch out the closer Wade got to him.  Mark could tell that Sean was getting scared.  Wade and Bob were big guys.  Even if they meant no harm, they still looked intimidating.  Mark abandoned Bob to snatch Wade's arm, telling them a bit defensively.  "Wade, stop! You're scaring him".  Bob moved closer to the bed and Mark cursed.  Bob carefully extended a hand out over the bed, softly telling Sean.  "Can I touch them real quick"?  Sean took a step back folding his good wing back up behind him.  Mark tried to grab Bob and hold onto Wade as he snapped out loudly.  "GUYS! Stop! I'm serious"!  While Mark was distracted with Bob, Wade reached out and managed to skim his fingers over Sean's good right wing.

Sean let out a surprised yell and the windows shattered!  Bob and Wade flinched, covering their ears.  Chica whined for a moment, before crawling out from under her bed.  Mark watched Chica lock eyes with Sean for a brief second.  Then Chica's hackles raised and she turned to all of them in turn, barking and growling aggressively.  Mark took a step back away from Chica.  Did Sean tell her to do something?  Bob backed away from the bed, asking Mark curiously.  "Mark, how did you get an angel in your house"?  Mark shrugged, simply saying.  "He fell into my pool".  Wade's eyes were still on Sean as he asked just as curiously.  "Do you think it is hungry"?  Mark began to push Wade back, stating dryly.  "I don't know. He only just started to talk when you two came in".  Bob's eyes widened as he asked aloud in surprise.  "It talks"?  Bob made a move toward the bed again, but this time Chica jumped up onto it and snarled back at him.  Bob stopped and raised his hands in surrender.  Wade began to push back against Mark as he called out to Sean a little demanding.  "Hey! Angel? What did you do to Chica"?

Mark fought to push Wade back, growling out.  "His name is Sean"!  Sean rubbed his hurt arm, nervously answering.  "I didn't do anything to her. She decided to protect me on her own".  Mark released Wade to turn around.  He had so much he wanted to ask, but Bob and Wade jumped in faster.  Keeping their distance from Chica, but asking in a jumbled mess.  "Where did you come from? Why are you here? Do animals do that often? Do you eat? Can you fly"?  Mark dropped his face into his hand.  How did they expect him to answer anything?  They didn't even give him a chance to answer them.  Mark tried to think of something to help, when Sean raised his right hand.  The room went silent as Sean's eyes lit up to those same blazing white eyes as before.  Only this time, Bob and Wade seemed to calm themselves and relax.  When Sean lowered his hand, Bob and Wade sat down with smiles on their faces.  Mark stood a bit stunned.  Why didn't that effect him the same way?  Chica relaxed on the bed and sat down.  She seemed satisfied that all was safe now.   

Mark glanced at Sean, before running over to him.  Sean's eyes turned back to his normal blue, but he was staggering weakly.  He had to of been exhausted.  Mark reached Sean, just as Sean fell into his arms.  Mark cautiously rubbed Sean's back, watching Sean's eyes close and his body go limp.  Mark sighed heavily, before lifting Sean up carefully.  Carrying Sean out into the living room, Mark laid him out across the sofa.  At least out here it would be harder to corner Sean like they had.  Chica came strutting out to sit beside the sofa and Mark told her with a smile.  "Thanks for the help, Chica".  She panted with a big wolfish grin and Mark patted her head.  Climbing to his feet as he said.  "Do you think he eats"?  Chica stopped panting, closing her mouth.  Almost as if she herself didn't know.  Mark started to move toward the kitchen, when Sean's hand grabbed his wrist.  Mark stopped, simply listening as Sean's soft voice answered.  "Yes".