Eighteën

"Duncan, stop!" I shouted at the tall Canadian as he threw his pillows at me. I quickly got off the floor and crawled towards the door to escape his torturing. He laughed historically as he gripped on to my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I looked up at him and blushed as he kissed my forehead. "You're really something, you know that?" He mumbled in my ear. I smiled at him and blushed.

"Well someone's a little heart struck!" I softly exclaimed. He rolled his eyes and pulled himself off me. "What, did you want a compliment back?" I chuckled.

"You know, being sexy, gorgeous, and humble isn't satisfying unless someone tells you you're exactly that," he said with a smirk, making me roll my eyes this time.

"Hurry up and change, your mom is waiting for us downstairs." I threw a pillow at him and left him and his cocky humor alone in his bedroom. Took myself down his stairs, and walked into the living room where his mother awaited.

"You look lovely Courtney!" She softly said once she saw me enter the room. I smiled brightly and sat down next to her.

"You're even more gorgeous Cynthia." I complimented back. Minutes later, the adolescent teen ran down the stairs arguing with his brother as usual. Cynthia rolled her eyes and got up.

"Stop being a little bitch and give me some money!" Kenneth grabbed his little brothers shoulder and turned Duncan to face him. Duncan quickly pushed him away and rolled his eyes.

"Ma, tell your son to get a job already!" He rolled his eyes and continued, "when he becomes homeless he's definitely not living on my couch." He grumbled. The older lady completely ignored her two sons and grabbed her keys.

"Let's go Courtney, this is why you're my favorite!" She smiled cheerfully. I looked at the woman and smiled. It's only been a week since I met this family and she treats me like a daughter more than my actual mother. Cynthia had certainly grown attached to me. As did I. I looked back at the chiseled black and green haired boy and smiled as he walked behind us and looked at the sky angrily.

"What do you mean she's your favorite?!" Kenneth yelled from the front porch, watching us make our way down the driveway. "She's not even your kid!" He shouted. I just chuckled as Cynthia huffed and started her car. This family certainly is something, and I'm happy I got to experience this 'something' for myself.

After a long list of groceries being pulled into the car by Duncan, we went into Home Depot with Cynthia to look at paint swatches for the house. She smiled as she came across some soft yellow paint for the kitchen walls. "I still can't believe dad said if I get a girl to straighten me out you could renovate the house." Duncan rolled his eyes as he played with the paint rollers. Eventually the brush came off the handle, rolling onto the floor. He quickly kicked it under the shelf and smiled.

"Seems like you need more straightening out, if you ask me," She said confidently. "Now, is this yellow too much for our walls? I want people to think it's a happy home." She continued.

"Oh please you're just using our relationship for your advantage," Duncan said rolling his eyes at her remark. "No no, you got it all wrong, black is the new yellow," he continued now looking at paint with his mother.
-------

"Courtney?" I heard a husky voice call out my name. He looked at me and smiled as I continued to cough.

"S-Scott?" I said looking him up and down. Duncan noticed the freckled ginger ogling me and marched over to my side, with an obvious trait of jealousy.

"Scotty, did you find the bathroom—" Scotts father walked over to our side and grinned when he saw me standing in front of his son. "Oh, Courtney! It's a pleasure to finally meet the woman whom my son has decided to date!" He softly exclaimed.

"Excuse me ... What?" Cynthia walked over with a cart of paint and a puzzled look on her face.

_______________________________

😎 updates coming for all my stories