Chapter 10

Katniss P.O.V.

"What's wrong?" Peeta asks me when he sees the aggravated look on my face. "You were only gone for a few minutes. I thought only Haymitch could make you that mad in such a short amount of time."

I laugh a little and sit down on the edge of his bed. 

"I had to meet with President Coin," I tell him. "She wants to start filming right away. Has a camera crew ready for me and everything."

Peeta gives me a sympathetic look. I told Peeta about mine and Coin's agreement. He could tell I didn't like it, but I assured him I'm okay with it as long as it got him back to me.

"When do they want you to start?"

"Tomorrow," I say. 

Peeta reaches over and grabs my hand. "I want to be there for you." I start to protest, but Peeta interrupts me.

"Let me rephrase that," he says. "I'm going to be there for you."

"Peeta…"

"I'll be fine to just sit there and watch you, Katniss."

I sigh. "I'd feel a lot better if you'd just stay here, but I have to say that it will help with you being there."

Peeta smiles at me and brings my hand up to his lips. "I love you."

I smile back at him and nod my head. "I love you too."

"It still surprises me to hear you say that," Peeta says. 

I give him a look. "What do you mean?"

"The first time you've said that to me was four days ago when I woke up," Peeta tells me.

I stare at him for a moment. What do I tell him? What do I say to that?

"Peeta," I say slowly. "I've told you plenty of times before then that I love you."

"You have?" Peeta asks me as if he don't believe me. "When?"

"The night after Snow announced the Quarter Quell was being postponed," I tell him. "That was the first time I told you. You proposed to me just a few minutes later." Peeta slightly shakes his head, and I can tell he's trying to recall this. 

"Katniss," Peeta says in a slightly guilty tone. "I… um…" He stops and clears his throat. "I'm so sorry. I don't… I don't remember."

"That's okay," I tell him quickly. "You've been through a lot. Mom said this is normal. You'll be back to yourself in no time."

Peeta nods, but still seems so unsure.

"Is there something you need to talk to me about?" I ask Peeta. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head. 

"I'm fine," Peeta says as he gives me an unconvincing smile. "Why don't you go eat something and lay down for a while? I know you're worried about me, but there's no reason to be. You have to take care of yourself and the baby."

I shake my head. "I'm not leaving your side. And besides, I've already ate."

"Seven hours ago," Peeta says. 

"I'm alright. I'll eat when I'm hungry," I tell him. My stomach growls about that time, and I roll my eyes. "Are you kidding me?" I mumble. 

Peeta chuckles and shakes his head at me. "Go eat."

"Fine," I sigh. "I'll go get me some food, but I'm eating in here."

"As long as you eat."

"Speak for yourself," I say. "You need to eat too."