Chapter 18

Katniss P.O.V.

"Where are you going?" I ask Peeta as he gets up out of bed. He turns around to face me and gives me a confused look.

"I have training today."

"You're still going to go?"

"I have to, Katniss."

"Just let me talk to Haymitch about it first."

"Katniss."

"You told me last night…"

"I know," Peeta interrupts. "But it's not going to do any good because if Coin was going to changer her mind, she would have by now. Anyways, I want to go."

"Peeta. Please stop saying that."

"Why? It's the truth. Don't worry about me. I'll be fighting for you. For our baby. For us. I'll be fine," Peeta tells me. "I have to go now."

I nod my head, and Peeta leans over to give me a kiss.

"I'll see you later, Katniss. I love you."

"I love you too."

Peeta gives me one more quick kiss before leaving the room.

I take a deep breath and look over at Wyatt to see that he's waking up.

"Mama."

"Did you sleep good?" I ask Wyatt in a soft voice as I pick him up.

I sit back down on the bed with Wyatt in my arms. He places his little hands on my big belly, and the baby kicks. Wyatt's eyes widen and he looks up at me with a fearful expression on his face.

"It's okay," I tell Wyatt before he starts to cry. "It's just the baby." He continues to look at me with watery eyes. "Can you say 'baby?'"

"Buh. B-Buh," Wyatt tries, but eventually gives up and looks over at me.

"Baby," I say again.

"Be-be."

I laugh and nod my head a little bit. "Close enough."

Wyatt pokes my stomach, and the baby kicks again. Wyatt gives me a confused look before looking back at my stomach. He then pulls my shirt up just enough where he can see my belly.

"Be-be?" Wyatt says.

"Yeah," I say softly as I nod my head. "Baby."

The baby kicks so hard this time that I can see the out line of their foot through my stomach. Wyatt pokes the spot where the baby's foot is, and then he or she moves their foot to the other side of my stomach.

Wyatt continues to play this little game with the baby until I feel like every inch of my stomach has been poked.

"Okay. Okay," I laugh as I pull my shirt back down over my stomach.

Wyatt gasps and looks up at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I ask him. "Where did the baby go?"

"Be-be?"

"Yeah," I say. "Were you trying to get the baby's  foot?" Wyatt giggles and shoves his fist into his mouth.

"Come on," I tell Wyatt as I carefully stand up off the bed with him in my arms. "Let's go get some food."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's Wyatt?" Peeta asks as he walks through the door.

"Mom took him for a while since she doesn't have to be back at the hospital until later tonight. She said she'll bring him back in a few hours," I tell Peeta. "So, how was training?"