Chapter 36. Ready for Maximum

I wake up smothered by Brody. I don't really mind but I have to pee. I slowly push him off. I go into his bathroom and go. I come back out and he's still sleeping. I grab clean clothes and jump in the shower. It feels good having the hot water hit me. I decide to be upbeat about today.

I get out of shower and get dressed. I throw on Jean shorts and tank top. I pull my hair into a messy bun. Brush my teeth and all the basics. I leave the bathroom and see Brody still sleeping. I walk over to him.

"Come on my Hufflepuff it's time to get up." I tell him and shake his shoulder alittle. He slowly opens his eyes squinting.

"Hufflepuff?"

"Yup, you did the Pottermore sorting hat and are a Hufflepuff." I tell him smiling.

"Yeah..." He says chuckling.

"Yup, your a charmer." I tell him sitting on the bed next to him.

"What did you get again?"

"I'm a ravenclaw. You ready for today?" I ask.

"I will be soon."

"Okay. I will make breakfast. Hurry up, we have a bit of a drive." I tell and go down stairs.

I get started by pulling everything out to make pancakes and bacon. I get the batter together and grab the m&ms. I start the pancakes and bacon. Grab plates out of the cupboard and pour orange juice.

"I didn't know you were still here?" Jase says walking in the kitchen. I look at him and notice his sweat pants hanging low. He's not wearing a shirt and his hair is hanging in his face. He reaches up and pushes it behind his ears.

"I hope it's okay?" I ask.

"It's fine. What are you doing?"

"I'm making breakfast. You want some?" I ask. I grab another plate and silverware. I pour him a glass of orange juice and hand it to him. He sits down across from me on a stool. I start flipping the pancakes and bacon. I turn on the coffee maker and grab coffee cups. I think I'm pretty at home here because I just realized that I know where everything is already. I grab cream, sugar, and put it in front of Jase.

"So will you be cooking all the time?" He asks.

"Umm. No not all the time. I told Brody that I was making breakfast."

"How was practice?"

"It was alright. I liked being around all the girls." I tell him.

"What are you doing today?"

"I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you. I think it's top secret." I say winking. I pile pancakes and bacon between the three plates. I set each one in front of a stool and hand Jase his plate. I grab the coffee and fill the cups as Brody walks in.

"Maybe we should get married...." Brody say's as he takes a seat.

"Hmm... I think you would get sick of me eventually." I tell him as I set the coffee cups down. I take my seat and drown my pancakes in syrup. I go ahead and take bite. Pancakes how I have missed you.

"What are you guys doing today Brody?" Jase asks.

"Top secret, I'd have to kill you." Brody say's in between bites. I start laughing.

"I just told him that I think it's top secret." I say still laughing.

"Ted and I are on a mission today." Brody say's. I roll my eyes realizing that he's giving me another Nick name.

"Ted?"

"Yup.. get your own thunder buddy Jase." Brody say's between mouthfuls.

"So you don't want me to come along?" Jase asks.

"Uhhhh... I... I don't think you would have any fun. It's not really your thing." Brody mutters.

"I will be good."

"It's not that. Your just going to pick on me later. I just want to go have a good time." Brody tries again. I just keep eating. Brody looks over at his brother and sighs. "Fine. You can come but no complaining. I'm really looking forward to this."

"What are we doing then?" Jase asks.

"We're going to the comic book store, toy stores, and we found an arcade with retro games." Brody answers watching Jase's face. Jase just nods and drinks the rest of his coffee.

"Okay. Give me fifteen minutes to get ready." Jase says getting up. I watch him leave and then look at Brody.

"I'm sorry Ted. I hate telling him no. It's just that we are all we have. For the most part we do our own thing but  when he does want to hang out I don't turn him away."

"It's okay." I tell him as I finish off my plate. I get up and start picking up the kitchen. I pile everything in the sink and wipe the counters down. When I get to the sink I spray the dishes off and Brody starts putting them in the dishwasher. I then scrub the pans clean and hand them to Brody to dry and them put away.

By the time we have the kitchen clean  Jase comes down stairs with his hair pulled back, wearing ripped jeans, and a t-shirt that you can see his arm muscles in but it's not Simon Cowell tight, you know what I mean.

"I can drive." Jase says as he slides his sneakers on. I look over to Brody and he shrugs.

"If you want to. I didn't think you would even be awake right now. "

"It wasn't that late of a night."

"If you say so. Let's go, it's kind of a drive to get there." Brody say's. I follow them out. I kinda feel like a third wheel. Jase goes over to a blue car. I wasn't expecting that. I look at Brody.

"Oh, this was Jase's Christmas present last year. He doesn't really drive it that much. It's an Audi Q5. I think he's going to drive it more when we go to college though. It would make more sense." Brody say's.

"That's my truck over there." Jase says pointing to a pickup. "But I figured since it was going to be a bit of a drive that the car might be more comfortable and easier to park."

"What did you get Brody?" I ask out of curiosity. Brody just smiles at me and Jase starts laughing.

"My car is in England. I wasn't sure if I would want to stay here after highschool. I like having my own ride when we go home."

"Go home?"

"Yeah. We moved here when we were seven with our parents. They stayed for a couple years. I think we were twelve when they moved back. But they left Jase and I here. Our house keeper stayed with us for a few years and now she just comes to clean."

"That's... I'm sorry Brody." I say climbing in the back seat. Brody climbs in the back with me and I look at him again.

"Let's go driver!!" Brody say's to Jase. Jase rolls his eyes and backs out of the garage. I grab my phone out of my pocket. I decide to check my messages.

"Are you sure you want to read those?" Brody asks.

"I'm not going thru all of them." I tell him. He nods and looks out the window.

"Tyler texted last night about a party but said to relax and that we would all hang out today." I tell him.

"Yeah. Maybe later when we get back. I'm sure he's still sleeping." Brody answers.

"I have a group message from the cheerleaders asking to hang out later today." I tell him. He just nods.

"My mom asking me to call her. I figured I would hear from her soon." I tell him shrugging my shoulders.

"Then a few from my old friends." I say and text them asking about how school was.

"That's it."

"No. But they are the only ones I'm responding to today. Did you want to hang out with them later or do you want me to tell them to plan something tomorrow?"

"Umm. We can hang out later. We can decide when we get home. Tell them to meet us at the house around four." Brody say's.

"Okay." I text them all and put my phone away. I feel better that I'm no longer ignoring everyone again.

"I haven't been to this comic book store yet." Brody says.

"I have. It's one of my favorites." I tell him.