Chapter 37. Just being geeks

We finally park. I get out of the car and stretch. I might be short but I just sat for over a half hour. We walk into the comic book store and Brody becomes five. There's action figures, all sorts of collectables, and walls of comic books.

"Wow...." Brody say's staring bright eyed. I follow him over to the comics first. I start looking thru them for Walking Dead comics. I have a couple. I pull out two that I don't have. I might as well pick up more. I watch him look thru. He pulls out a couple and moves on to the action figures. I look around and then spot Jase. He's kinda just walking around.

I walk over to the action figures and I notice that they have the cast of Game of Thrones. I don't know if I would be able to keep them in the box.

"You want them all?" Brody asks.

"Kinda..." I say feeling like an idiot.

"Okay..." He starts helping me grab one of each character. I can't help but start laughing as I start relaxing. I know I have money in my account. I texted my mom earlier and asked her to transfer some funds for me. We bring all the stuff we have collected so far up to the register. Jase has now stopped and is watching us pick thru all the collectables. I grab a couple Shameless, Deadpool, and Game of Thrones t-shirts.

I see Brody with his hands full of crap to as we head to the register. I'm guessing we're ready for the toy store next. We pile everything together and guy looks at us funny as he starts ringing us up. I pull out my card the same time as Brody pulls his out.

"I got this Ted. Most this stuff is mine anyways." Brody say's.

"Your name is Ted?" The sales guy says now looking at me like I'm a weirdo.

"Yes, my name is Ted. Brody, I got this." I tell him. The sale's guy is looking at us like freaks.

"Here take my card so we can leave." Jase says handing the guy his card.

"Jase, you seriously didn't have to do that." I tell him. Brody shrugs.

"I think he's about to ask if you used to be a dude.." Jase whispers in my ear. My face goes bright red and I shut up. Jase signs for the stuff. "Brody, Ted let's go."

Brody grabs the bags and I follow him out feeling awkward. Jase puts his arm around my shoulders. " If it helps, you have become a really sexy girl Ted."

"Ugh... I don't know if I can do Ted as a nickname Brody.. I think it might be time to try something else."

"But I like Ted." Brody whines out. I just put my hand over my face. Jase just starts laughing again. We load up the trunk and get in. This time Brody jumps in the front seat. We drive over to this huge toy store.

"What are we getting here?" Jase asks.

"We want to play with the toys." Brody answers.

"Okay." Jase answers as he locks up the car. We head inside the store and it's huge.

"Ted get in the cart." Brody say's pulling a cart over. I jump in and he starts pushing me around. I kinda wish we had a couple drinks first. He starts going down aisles.

"We should get a drone?" I tell him.

"We should." He stops the cart and we start seriously looking for the best one. Jase even starts looking. We finally pick one out. We start going thru the aisles again. We now start picking out party games for when people come over. Brody picks out some video games.

We soon find the Nerf guns. I grab a few of those and tons of ammunition. Brody finds the candy. I'm buried in the cart. Jase snaps a picture of us with his phone.

"I'm hunnngry. We need to eat." Brody cry's out and starts running to the register. I help him throw all the stuff on the register. "Can I have this all wrapped?"

"We don't need this wrapped." I tell the cashier. I can now get out of the cart. I start putting the bags in the cart. I go to hand my card this time and Jase already has the receipt. We follow Brody out and carry the bags to the trunk.

"Where do you want to eat?" Jase asks.

"I want pizza." Brody answers.

"I don't care." I answer.

"Okay let's get pizza then." Jase says and we walk to the nearest pizza place. This has been kind of a weird day. We grab a booth.

"Anchovies." Brody say's.

"Hell no. We gotta draw the line." I tell him.

"He's kidding. Brody wouldn't touch anchovies even if you paid him." Jase says laughing.

"Brody, keep it up and we will go to McDonald's and I will have Ronald McDonald come sit next to you." I tell him.

"You would not."

"Try me. I don't mess around when it comes to food. Anchovies, disgusting."