Chapter 30. Awkward

♡♥♡♡♥♥
hey my cupcakes, another chapter.
yourbookslut♡♥♡♡♥♥

Brody followed me home in his hummer. All these guys and their big trucks, it's so funny. We pull in the driveway and I notice nobody is home yet. We go down to my room.

Brody looks around my room and sits on my bed. I sit down next to him and turn on the television. I want to be able to talk with out worrying if we're going to be heard. I text the rest of group to see if their coming.

"So what's your plan?" Brody asks leaning against my pillows.

"You said earlier that I'm going to have to just find out what's going on. Since there's no practice today that I would wait for them. But I'm nervous." I tell him sitters next to him.

"So do you want me to stay?

"Yes because if this doesn't go right. I'm going to need you." I say feeling awkward. I close my eyes trying to push the weird feelings away.

"Okay."

"I should probably pack a bag just in case."

"Do you think it's going to go bad?"

"I don't know. " I tell him as I hear someone coming down the stairs. Then Tyler's head pops in my room.

"Hey? So what are we doing? "

"We can watch a movie? " I tell them.

"Yeah sure." Brody says getting up and going to the game room. I shut my tv off and follow them out. I turn the big tv on and put on Zombieland. I love this movie.

The rest of the group shows up and we all sit on the couch. I'm sitting between Brody and Natalie. Finally starting to calm down. It's been hard being upset all weekend.

My mom came down the stairs to talk to me. She asked me what was going on. I kind of broke down and told her everything. I couldn't stop myself from crying.

She gave me a hug and told me to calm down. It's just so hard. I go back to my friends climbing onto the couch. Brody wraps his arm around me.

I start to fall asleep as everyone watches the movie or plays air hockey. His hand running thru my hair. For the first time I feel okay to breathe.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, what are you guy's doing here?" Alex asks.

"We came to hang out with Dani." Tyler answers. I slowly start to sit up and look over to Alex. I can see surprise in his eyes when he sees me. Chase came down the stairs stopping behind him. The room goes quiet.

The group comes and sits on the couch near me. As if lines were drawn and they chose sides. I push my hair back behind my ears. Taking a deep breath.

"Well this is interesting. " Chase speaks up. I feel myself getting angry. Brody looks at me but I can't look away.

"Yeah what's so interesting? " I spit out at him. He just smirks at me like its a big game.

"Just unexpected." He answers still smiling like he knows the inside joke.

"Yeah that seems to be the trend lately. " I say back as I stand up. Our friends just watching. He walks around Alex and I walk behind the couch so I'm now in front of his room.

He walks until he's only a foot away from me. He reaches to the side pushing his door open. He gives me a look and leaves his arm out pointing for me to go in his room. I take a deep breath and go in. He shuts the door behind him.

I turn around and face him. I'm biting my lip trying to control my nerves. He kicks off his sneakers next to his dresser before looking at me.

"So what was the show about?" Chase asks.

"The show? "

"Yeah my soccer team being here."

"Their in all my classes. I hung out with them all day."

"So why are they here now?"

"I haven't seen or heard from you all weekend and I don't know what's going on. But I know it felt messed up. Do you want to tell me what's going on? " I ask. Hoping I can handle this.

"So we have been busy. Are you going to freak out every time you don't get attention? " Chase asks treating me like a stupid kid.

"No this isn't about getting attention. If your busy fine. But that's not the case. Your purposely leaving me behind. This is different. You know it, Alex knows it. He just looked like a deer caught in fucking headlights. Don't give me this shit."

"We did not leave you behind." He says rolling his eyes.

"Yeah? Chase just forget it. I tried, I really did. But it's obvious you don't want me around and it hurts to much being treated like this." I tell him with tears now running down my face.

"Your acting like we broke up with you?" Chase says now serious.

"Funny, that's exactly how I feel. I let the whole weekend go as you were too busy to talk or be around me. Then today you left with out a word. Then I hear Tonya has been all over you. People have been running interference all day so I don't see what you and Alex have been up to. I can only do so much on my end, I loved you more than I can imagine ever loving someone and right now I'm breaking. It's hurting to breathe feeling like you don't feel the same way. If you can tell me it's all wrong and fix this, now would be a great time." I tell him. He just looks at me. The tears are rushing down my face now. With a shaky breath I wipe my face. With one look at him.

"Bye Chase." I tell him as I close the door behind me. I look up and see Brody.

"Okay? " Brody asks.

"I will be. Let's go to your house. I'm going to go pack." I tell him. He turns and lets everyone know what we're doing. They go ahead and leave. Brody comes in my room to help me.