Differences

I can't help but to notice the differences between me and my boyfriend Gaster. "Have you never noticed how different we are? I mean, we do have a similar anatomy, but you're so different from me. You're a skeleton, and you have cracks in your skull, and your extremely tall, you're like, nine feet tall! And I have more physical matter and imperfections."

He turned to look at me, "Imperfections?" I guess I never really told him about my insecurities. "Stretch marks, freckles, moles, dimples in my back, scars, hair, it's just. I'm gross. I'm not all the same color, I have a bunch of different colors on me." His mouth fell open. "How can you call those things imperfections? No, I will be the judge of this. I think your many colors are perfectly natural and I think they look lovely. Now, on to stretch marks, those are also very natural. I think they look cool, it just means you have curves, something a lot of females lack and wish they had. Freckles, they're the most charming things, and very adorable. Moles, just bigger freckles. Scars are stories, conversation starters, and it's the same thing with you not being the same color. Scar tissue is just another decoration. Hair. Humans have hair. Big deal. If anything, monsters are very plain for having none of these things, it's boring. Nothing to discover or admire. Would you appreciate a painting more if it had different colors and designs or would you prefer a sheet of paper painted one single color?"

I was sort of blown away at this. Why is he defending my body so much? I looked down at myself, I do have curves and I suppose not being all the same color is good. I hate the idea of being called a color, if I'm multiple colors then, how can you only call me one. One color that I'm not even. "Though I have to ask," he spoke up again, "what are dimples?"

I turned around and lifted up my shirt, "See the two spots at the bottom of my spine that sort of sink in? Those are dimples." He touched them. "I see nothing wrong. Just skin. What's the problem with these?" I shrugged, "They aren't attractive." I said and he scoffed, "Whatever." I turned back around. "Why do you like my body so much?" "(Y/N), I've never seen a body like yours. Monsters don't have much physical matter, we don't have much physical beauty. But you have so much to offer, I love it!" He chuckled, "You humans are an anomaly to me. Do you really not understand how special and unique you are?"

I blushed darkly and shrugged. "I guess not." He kissed my cheek. "I love everything about you." I smiled and held my cheek. "Thank you. And I think you're beautiful too." I said and he blushed some as well. "Ya know, I've never really understood what you mean by you don't have much physical matter. I can touch you, you seem pretty physical to me."

He sighed, "Well, my case is very different. Monsters aren't as sensitive as humans physically because most of our feelings and pain and our entire existence is dependent on our SOUL. I was very damaged from the Void, I'm partially melted, and the parts of me that didn't hold together can be manipulated." I tilted my head some, curious. My eyes widened and I immediately dashed to the other side of the room when a few tentacles appeared from behind him. I even let out a scream.

(I had to)

I heard him laughing and I turned around, "That wasn't funny!" I shouted as I marched back to him. "Just don't do that again or I'll kick your ass." He smiled, "Okay, okay. But you don't freak out when I bring out my magic hands." "Those are magic hands! And those are physical tentacles! It's very different!"

He chuckled, then he laughed some and blushed. "Sorry, Alphys has showed me too much hentai for me to take this conversation seriously." Damn you Alphys.

Though I decided to pretend I didn't even know what that was. "Oh, okay." I said innocently. He smirked some, this better not be going where I think it's going. "If you ever speak Japanese I'll kick the shit out of you." He chuckled, "I assumed you didn't know what hentai was." "You assumed wrong." I smirked some, "Never assume with me." He chuckled some and looked me up and down. "Humans are..... complicated. Aren't they?" I nodded, "There's another different between you and me. You're predictable, I can guess your next move. But you have no idea what I'm gonna do next."

He tilted his head some. "Prove me wrong." I dared. Stepping back the instant he moved, knowing he was going to shoot a tentacle out to grab me, and my assumption was correct, allowing me to successfully dodge him. "I know what you'll do before you even do it. My turn. And now you're worried. Because you have no idea what I'll do. You don't even understand my motives for my next move. And the confusion that grows inside of you, it'll be your downfall as your emotions will make you hyperactive and less logical." Silence. He didn't say a word in response.

My move, I simply approached him and he backed away. I had him against a wall. It was moments like these that made us forget he was nearly nine feet tall and I wasn't even six feet. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down, his eyes widened and he was only inches from my face. I pecked his lips, and walked away. That was my move, and as I said, he didn't see it coming at all.