Prologue

I'm scared and it drives me crazy. My own father beats me like a piece of trash. Life has been like hell ever since mom died.

No, I will not cry anymore. I controlled my tears as I got up from the floor and moved towards my attached bathroom to rinse my face thoroughly. The girl in the mirror looked broken. Dark bags could be seen under her eyes. Swollen cheeks and deep marks all over her body is all I could see. Her green eyes looked dull and the long brown hair now looked lifeless.

The real me. The sad real me.

I tied my long brown hair into a ponytail as I headed towards the kitchen slowly. The apartment is small with two bedrooms. My stomach is growling as I haven't eaten anything except an apple the whole day.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw what's in front of me .

"You want more whips?" my dad said.

"N-no" I answered in a small timid voice.

"So get the hell out of here Kiara! And remember to pay the money." he now yelled at me and left.

I was shaking. My lips were trembling to say anything. I was no longer hungry. I walked towards my room and changed into pyjamas. I crawled in my bed and silently cried. My eyes closed and slowly the blackness took over me.

Well I'm Kiara Millicent and this is my story.

_____________________________________