Chapter Five

"Jace...."
Oh mon Dieu! What is he doing here....or most probably what is he going to do to me!?

"Please don't Kill me! Please don't Kill me! Please don't Kill me! Please don't Kill me!" I chanted it again and again as a mantra.

"Shut the hell up or else I'm seriously gonna kill you!" Jace whisper yelled at me.
His grip was too tight. He had me pinned against the wall. No one was there in the alleyway , so calling for help was useless. Surely this guy gave me creepy vibes.

I looked up at him , calming my panic attack. "What do you want?" I asked.

"You will stay away from Ethan and don't tell about this thing to anyone." He growled at me.

"I will talk and stay with whomever I want to and it's none of YOUR business. And you know what.... You are a creepy choppy basshole!" I snapped.

He chuckled. " And what do you mean by Basshole?" he said.

"It means bastard and asshole and you have got the honour to claim this title." I said with a fake smile.

His face turned dark. His face inches from mine and then he jerked. Thank the holy God!

" Well then your coming future will be........ interesting" he said and walked away.

What the hell! This guy seriously needs a psychiatrist. I should head home fast. I shivered due to cold air as I walked towards the apartment. Damn that Basshole!

When I reached the apartment I stopped at the door. I counted till then to calm my nerves. My hand reached the handle but the door flew open revealing a monster. That monster jerked me by my hair and I screamed of the awful pain itching my head.

"Why were you late, you slut!" he screamed making me flinch.

He took belt from the nearby table and started beating me. He slapped , kicked and cursed at me. This was the torture that I couldn't handle after years of practice. This was the torture that made me cry in agony. This was the torture that made me think is he really my father?

I screamed, cried and pleaded for mercy but nothing could stop him until he was satisfied. The pain is just like shattering the broken piece of glass again and again until it was nothing.

"Where is my money?" he asked in his drunken state after his satisfactory dose.

I held back my fifty dollars in my secret pocket and gave him other fifty.

"What! Just fifty dollars!? I want more money!!" he screamed once again.

"The business is not going well so I didn't get much money." I said in a tiny voice.

"Don't answer back you bitch! And I don't want your bitchy excuses or reasons." he said dangerously. And then he walked off.

I got up slowly due to pain radiating through my body. I carefully walked towards my room and locked the door once I got in. I placed my today's earnings in my secret money compartment. I winced as I stepped out of my clothes. I looked in the mirror to see my back. I could see large red strips with blood. The stomach was aching badly because of the kicks. I carefully rinsed myself and showered in peace. Salty droplets mixed with water. I dried myself after shower and put some comfortable clothes.

I remember the day when I turned six. At that time Caleb Woods was my best friend . I remember the time when he cared for me....

"Kia- Key! Happy birthday!!" Caleb said.
"Calev thank you soooo much! Mommy's is buying me a pink dress!" I said hugging me. He now looked sad like he's about to cry.
"Kia-key then you won't try my gift?" he asked.
"You brought me a gift?" He nodded. I smiled and put my hand forward as a gesture to receive gift.
He placed a rectangular box wrapped in pink gift wrapper. I excitedly tore the gift wrapper and opened the box. Inside was a white baby-blue fluffy frock. It was very cute. I squealed and hugged him.
"Thank you Cals!!! I lovvvv it!"
"Really?"
"Yes" and then he grinned
"Let's tell mommy!" I said excitedly.
"Mommy! Mommy! Calev brought me a frock!!"
"Really sweetie? Then show me." she said smiling at me and Caleb.
I showed her the dress and said "Mommy, I will wear this at the party!" I beamed at her.

That was a very cute moment when mon was there and Caleb was like a caring best friend. But everything changes with time. The worst thing was my Father too changed.

______________________________________