Chapter Four

I walked down the streets towards the apartment. Walking has become a habit of mine as it saves bus fare. I hope dad is not there. I reached the apartment and silently unlocked the door. I tiptoed towards my room in case my father is anywhere.
Phew! He's not there so I'll see him in a drunk State at night. I locked my door and flipped over the bed. It was a really long day!

I grabbed my iPod and started playing 'Bon Appetite' by Katy Perry. I like this song but my favourite is 'Faded' by 'Alan Walker'. I truly love the song. Before my mom died I used to sing and play guitar. After her death the passion was taken away. I still hum the songs but never sing. My singing brings emotional memories that I can't bear.

I grabbed my today's homework and started doing it. I love solving equations of algebra and Trigonometry. For most of the students it creates stress but for me , I find calmness doing it. After finishing the work I change into my working clothes. I hope I get extra tips. I grab my wallet and walked down the roads . The cafe was not far from my place.

I went inside the cafe and was hit by the aroma of fresh coffee. I saw Sandra my manager at the counter . Sandra is a very sweet lady in her early thirties.

"Hey Sandra. " I said with a smile.

"Hi Kiara. Nice to see you again." she looked tense.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her.

"No Kiara. Everything is not alright here. The business is not going strong. Nowadays not many customers are coming."

"Don't worry Sandra. There are always ups and downs in business. The business would be up. We just need to try new things and I'll look into it."

"Thanks! Now you better get to work."

I smiled at her and started serving. Half an hour later I saw commotion going inside the cafe. When I looked up I saw probably four guys at the corner booth. I went there to take order.

"Hello sir. What would...." I stopped at the mid sentence. I saw Ethan sitting there. My eyes were wide but soon gained composure. It's a cafe! Anyone can come. Stupid me!

"Hey Kiara." Ethan charmingly said to me.

"Um...h-hey! So what would y'all like to take?" I quickly added.

"You guys know each other?" an attractive blonde guy asked.

"Yeah. We go to same high school" I said.

"Oh! Well...nice to meet you. I'm Jace Cyrus, Ethan's friend." Jace said with a wink.

"Nice to meet you Jace and y'all." I sweetly said.

"Oh well I would like to take Choco latte with white cream on it and a blueberry cheesecake" Ethan said.

"I would take just a Choco truffle pastry." Jace said.

"Me and Caleb would take expresso. Uh-I'm Gage Parker and this is my brother Caleb Parker." said a black hair guy. The other one was his twins as they look same.

"Ok. I'll quickly bring your order." With this I made my way to the counter. I placed the coffees and cakes on the tray and made my way to their booth.

"Enjoy your coffee." I said and started serving other customers.

The weird thing I found, that my heart was not beating fast this time when I saw Ethan. I was calm. Every now and then I could see Jace watching me from the corner of my eye. I shrugged it off and concentrated on doing my work. Someone tapped on my shoulder. When I turned , I was face to face with Ethan. His friends were now outside the cafe. My heart beat quickened.

"Um.. I'm actually leaving so I came here to say bye." Ethan said shyly.

"Oh yeah. Bye. See you at school." I smiled and turned to my unfinished task.

"Yeah...bye." He said and walked out of the cafe slamming the door hardly. I think I made him upset with my rude 'good' thing. Hey, but it's not my fault. I'm too busy to have a minute with him---

"Kiara! Kiara! Come here for a minute." Sandra shouted.
I made my way towards the counter.

"I just wanted to say , the blond guy gave you a hundred dollar tip!"

"Shit! Who gives hundred dollars for just a coffee. Well...anyways you can keep half of it." I said half-heartedly. I'm not selfish but I do need money.

"You know the rules Kiara." She said sternly.

"Oh okay" I said. Well the tips you earned here is for yourself and no one can take.

I quickly finished my work. It was getting late . Around 10:00pm I left the cafe with a hot dog which I brought from the nearby shop.

As I walked down the alley someone grabbed me by waist. I started to kick and scream but he put his hand over my mouth. My voice came muffled. He cornered me to the darker side of alley. When I saw the person I froze.

"Jace....."

______________________________________

Hey guys!

What do you think about Jace cornering Kiara down the alley? Do you think he has bad intentions?

Why does Kiara's heart beat faster when she's alone with Ethan?

Is Jace the bad guy or Ethan?

And last but not the least, What's the intention of Jace and Ethan regarding Kiara?

If you wanna know the answers, please stay with me during Kiara's journey.

Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter!!