Chapter Two- Abusive Man

Beyoncés Pov

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks when he asked that. To dance with Michael Jackson, that was a little intimidating but I was up for the challenge. "Sure" I said accepting his hand. We walked onto the dance floor as the song changed to something more upbeat. "So Beyoncé how have you been this lovely evening?" Michael asked with a devious smile. I inhaled deeply and smiled back. "G-Good". Get it grip on yourself Beyoncé! This isn't you.

Michael spun me around quickly catching me off guard but I was fast to follow. "Think you can keep up with me?" He teased. I nodded up at him confidently as he sped up more. "Definitely". When the song finished we walked to an empty booth and started talking. It surprised me how much we got along with such different personalities. He was shy and flirty. I was confident and fiery.

"So are you dating anyone right now?" I asked casually. I knew he was dating Brooke Shields but something seemed off with how flirtatious he was being. Michael's face twisted into something that I couldn't quite place. Confusion? "Yeah I'm dating Brooke Shields are you?" He finally answered softly. I shook my head and looked down before explaining. "My ex Jay Z... well things didn't work out"

Michael looked at me sympathetically and smiled weakly. "All I can say is there's a guy out there for you. You're too cute to stay alone" I blushed at his comment and shoved him playfully. "You're such a player" I joked with a laugh. He laughed too and shrugged. I looked at my phone and noticed the time. It was 2 in the morning! "Well I really enjoyed tonight but I've got to go. I have a recording session today" I sighed. I stood up and waved to Michael before walking towards the exit. "Wait Beyoncé!" I turned around and saw Michael running after me. He smiled and handed me a piece of paper. "My phone number, call me" He pulled me into a hug and I gladly accepted. "I had a really good time tonight" and with that he walked away. I raised my eyebrows at him. Dating Brooke Shields my ass!

I walked out to the car park and pulled out my keys. It was basically deserted out here and I had a bad feeling... I sped up and was almost at my car when someone grabbed me. I looked up in fear and saw Jay Z standing over me. "Hey baby" he said tightening his grip on my arm. It hurt but I wasn't about to let him know that. "What do you want Jay?" I asked dryly. I was fed up with all his attempts to get back together. "I want you Bey! What were you even doing in there with that freak?" He yelled. I gulped nervously, he was starting to scare me. "You mean Michael. He's not a freak, he's more of a man than you'll ever be!" I yelled back getting in his face.

I felt a hot sting on my cheek and realised he'd just slapped me clean across the face. "Hell never be as good as me now come here. I got a gun in this jacket so don't try anything else ya bitch" he warned me dragging me towards a car on the other side of the lot. I closed my eyes as tight as possible and hoped that this was just a nightmare. The grip on my arm left and I opened them again to see Michael punch Jay in the face. "Don't you ever fucking lay a hand on a woman you weak coward!" He shouted before turning to me.

"C'mon Beyoncé we gotta get out of here" I nodded frantically and ran with Michael to his limo sitting just outside the parking lot. I couldn't say anything or even look at Michael. I was in total shock from what just happened. It didn't take long to get wherever he was taking me. He climbed out of the car and I followed him silently, holding back tears. "Welcome home Mr Jackson" I looked up and saw someone dressed in a uniform opening a door for him. "Come with me" he whispered taking my hand. I nodded and just kept following him. We walked up a big staircase and through a hallway where he opened a door and ushered me in.

It was a bedroom, I couldn't even appreciate the beauty of it with all the thoughts swirling around my head

It was a bedroom, I couldn't even appreciate the beauty of it with all the thoughts swirling around my head. "You can stay here for the night and we'll figure out what to do tomorrow" he said softly and turned around to leave the room. I grabbed him by the wrist and our eyes locked. "Michael?" I whispered, my voice was shaking. "Yes Beyoncé?"

I fell into his arms as the tears started pouring down my face. "I-I" Michael placed his finger against my lips and shushed me. "It's okay you don't have to say anything. For hours that night I just cried, I couldn't handle everything Jay had put me through. Michael didn't ask me any questions he just comforted me and for once I felt safe. Once I was out of tears I just wanted to sleep so I climbed into the massive bed and just laid there. "Don't leave me" I begged Michael and he nodded lying on the bed and hugging me. It wasn't a romantic thing, he was my friend in my time of need and I could never thank him enough for that.