Chapter Fifteen; Hidden Fears

Two Months Later

7th January, 1992

Beyoncé's Pov

I walked down the street with Michaels bodyguards surrounding me and turned into one of my favourite restaurants in Los Angeles, they served excellent food here. "Beyoncé!" I looked up and noticed Kelly and Michelle sitting at a table in the back.

I waved Michaels security away and they guarded the doors. No one was getting in here until I left. Since my career had been growing and more and more people were finding out about our engagement, Michael had gone crazy trying to make sure that no one would lay a finger on me. But that didn't stop them from looking.

As I sat down next to Kelly, I looked out of the windows and saw dozens of people taking photos of us. I shook my head and looked away. I wasn't going to let them get to me or at least I was going to try not to. "Geez you're getting big!" Michelle hollered with excitement. She placed one of her hands on my protruding baby bump and smiled. "Yeah that baby is going to be here before you know it! But weren't you on bed rest?" Kelly asked. I shook my head and grinned. "Not since last week, doc said he's doing fine." I wasn't really surprised that Kelly didn't know that because I'd talked to Michelle about meeting up and I guess she didn't know until last minute.

"That's great Beyoncé, I'm so happy for you!" She added. "So how far along are you?" Michelle asked. "28 weeks but-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing and pulled it out of my bag. I checked the caller ID and frowned apologetically at my friends. "It's Michael I better answer, Debbie is due any time now."

Later that day

I pulled up at the UCLA Medical Centre and rushed inside with my bodyguards. A nurse approached us quickly and smiled. "I'm Lina, one of the Delivery Ward Nurses. Come right this way and I will show you to Debbies room." She said quickly leading us to the elevator. Once I got up to the ward I found out that Debbie wasn't actually delivering yet so I calmed down a bit and sat in our private waiting area just outside her delivery room. The door opened and Michael walked out with his head down. He didn't notice me in the room and looked up and sniffled, revealing that he'd been crying.

"Michael, what's wrong?" I stood up and walked up to him. I was worried because I knew how excited he was to have children and this didn't seem right. "It's fine Bey, don't worry about me" he answered unconvincingly. I shook my head and stepped in front of him again as he tried to walk around me. "Baby please you can tell me anything." I insisted. He smiled weakly and pecked me on the lips. "Okay."

He walked over to the couch and sat down hesitantly. I followed him and pulled his hand into both of mine and rubbed it reassuringly. "I'm nervous about becoming a Father." He admitted. I looked at him in shock and smiled. "Babe you're so amazing with kids! Everything is going to be fine I promise. They're going to be the luckiest kids ever to have you as a Dad." I exclaimed. I needed him to know that because it was the honest to God truth.

"You really believe that Bey?" He asked, sounding more than a little surprised. "Yes! Michael and if I have to yell it from the rooftops for you to realise that then I will." He giggled and held my hands tightly with his, examining the engagement ring he'd given me. "I knew there was a reason I let you passed my bodyguard." He said. I blushed and hugged him. "And I now know there's a reason I didn't run away like my nerves wanted me to... because if I did, I wouldn't have my true love."