Chapter Five- Broken Hearted Girl

16th October, 1991

Beyoncés Pov

I rolled over to hug Michael and felt the bed was empty. I opened my eyes and grimaced at the bright sun, it felt like I'd got no sleep last night. The clock read 10 in the morning and I had things to do today, like buying bigger clothes to wear. "Michael!" There was no answer so I threw the blankets away and pulled Michael's robe on. It was too big but so fluffy it couldn't have mattered less. I walked down the stairs and saw the tv on and the news playing quietly. Michael was sitting in a recliner holding a half full glass of red wine. That's when I knew something was wrong, he rarely drank and never during the day.

"Michael?" I walked around in front of the television and crossed my arms at him. "Why are you drinking at 10 in the morning? This isn't like you!" "Are you sure it's not just cause you can't have some? I mean it'd be bad for the baby" he said emotionlessly. I gasped at him and felt my stomach go into knots. "H-How did you know?" Michael shook his head and took a swig from the glass of wine in his hand and stood up. "Whys it matter? It's true" he stated and walked towards the bedroom door.

"Michael wait!" I ran after him and blocked the doorway. "I'm sorry okay! It happened before we got together anyways" Michael rolled his eyes at me and pushed past me roughly. "What the fuck?" I chased him again and grabbed his wrist ignoring the pain in my hand. He pulled away and that's when I noticed the tears trickling down his face. "Just get out Beyoncé" he whispered turning around and walking away. "But Micha-" "I SAID GET OUT!" I stopped in my tracks and stared at him for the longest time before running down the hallway in tears...

I smiled weakly at the real estate agent who was talking endlessly about the apartment I was renting. "It'll cost $2300 weekly but with this kind of view who can argue?" She finished smiling broadly. I nodded and handed her the first check, a months rent in advance. "It was wonderful doing business with you Miss Knowles" "You too" we shook hands and I walked her to the door shutting it behind me. "Oh baby boy what have I gotten us into?" I pouted and walked to my suitcases pulling out a pink t shirt and denim shorts. I just needed to escape for a while. From Michael, Jay, the recording studio and the baby... Everything.

I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on, the temperature was perfect as I stepped in and started washing my hair. I looked down and noticed my slightly protruding stomach. I put my hands on it and smiled weakly. "I'll never let anyone hurt you"

"I don't wanna be without you babe. I don't want a broken heart.
Don't wanna take a breath with out you babe. I don't wanna play that part.
I know that I love you
But let me just say, I don't want to love you in no kind of way no no.
I don't want a broken heart
And I don't wanna play the broken-hearted girl No...No
No broken-hearted girl. I'm no broken-hearted girl"

Authors Note
Sorry for the short chapter I'll update soon but please let me know what you think so far.