Chapter Thirteen; Never Let Me Go

Beyonces Pov

"Five months!?" That was so much further than I was expecting. The doctor wiped the gel off my stomach and grinned. "You're going to have a healthy baby. Don't worry." He tried to reassure me, but that wasn't what I was worried about. I glanced over at Michael and frowned. If only this was his child too....

"Where are we?" I asked as we pulled up on a deserted street. "Babe you need to get more excited about this... You're going to have a beautiful baby, be grateful for that. So we're going baby shopping!"

"What? Right now?" I asked in shock. "Yes, why not?" He asked before turning to get out of the car. "Michael... wait." I grabbed his hand and he looked at me with curiosity. Those eyes... I shook my head and stared back at him in fear.
"I don't care about the shopping. I just need to make sure that he's not missing out." I admitted. "What do you mean Bey?" He asked with sorrowful eyes. "My baby... he ain't got no Daddy. Jay don't care."

"Oh" Michael looked away for a second and flicked his head back to look at me. Our lips met and I felt tears trickling down my face. I leaned in and tightened my grip on his hand. The kiss was so powerful that i never wanted to let him go. After a few heated seconds we both pulled back for air and Michael put his free hand on my protruding stomach.

"Beyonce look at me" he whispered in a slightly demanding tone. I looked up and our eyes met again. "You don't need him. I'll always be yours and I'll be here for that child! He will be my child just as much as those twins will."

I had no doubt that Michael had every intention of staying true to his words and smiled, leaning into another kiss. "Nuh uh" he smirked waving a finger at me and unbuckled his seatbelt. "We're not here for that. Now get out we have shopping to do!" He said giddily before getting out of the car. "Ugh Michael!" I whined. He looked at me through the window and raised an eyebrow.

"Dumbass..."

"I heard that!"
---------------------------------

Later at Neverland

"Ooh baby

I love the way you make me feel
It slows down time
Come in my bedroom and turn off the lights
You whisper softly in my ear
Makes me unwind
The way you touch me let's me know you're mine oooh"

I started unstacking the dishwasher and smiled to myself. Michael didn't know it yet but my first solo album would be dedicated to him. I felt a little flutter in my stomach and winced. "Cant you go easy on me? Yo mumma is losing all her energy" I sat down on a barstool and leaned my head on my hand.

Bringgg bring!!!! The phone started ringing and I jumped up to get it. "Hello?"

"How did I know you were going to be in the kitchen?" It was Michael and by his tone of voice, he didn't sound happy. "Go back to bed" he said sternly.

Michael's Pov

I finished giving Beyonce a piece of my mind and took a bite of my lunch. The line went silent and I could hear a faint sniff in the background. "Beyonce?"

"What the fuck Michael?" She finally retorted crying. "Shit I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to upset you" I cooed as a wave of guilt hit me. "Yeah what were you going for then huh?" She asked. "I just want the baby to be okay and I know how exhausted you've been. Please just go take a nap and I'll be home when you wake up." "A-Alright." I heard her get up and after a couple of minutes she sighed. "I need you with me... there's no one here."

"Don't worry security is around the place." "That's not what I meant..." she drifted off and sniffed. "Baby" she asked. "Yeah?"

Can you sing me a song?" I nearly choked on my salad and swallowed hard. "Really?" I asked for reassurance. "Mmhm." "Alright what do you want me to sing?" "Anything, I just need to hear your voice." I blushed and quickly thought of a song that I knew would calm her.

"Just the other night
I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand
Then forever can begin

Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says

That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay"

Soft snores echoed through the phone and I smiled to myself. "Sweet dreams baby."