Eleven

Matthew definitely had his troubles adjusting to piloting Red, especially since he's only a temporary pilot for her. They aren't bonding as well.

So, Keith decided he would try to help Pidge's poor older brother.

"Look, you're doing great, Matthew." Keith muttered, exasperated. He slouched in the chair provided by Shiro. "She's responding to you, which is good."

"But she fucking hates me." Matthew groaned, releasing the controls as Red lowered her head. He tore off the helmet and stomped out. "I can't do this! She's not helping me! I've gotten a hold on how to steadily pilot her, but out on the battle field, I'm completely useless. I'd make everything worse. I try asking her. I begged her the other day and got nothing. I'm worried we won't be able to form Voltron with such a terrible bond."

Matthew hung his head as he stood in front of Keith, hand in his matted hair. Keith sighed and pushed himself to his feet. "Red is just being difficult. She always is." Red growled in protest. "Just give her a little more time. A tip, focus more on your instincts than your brain."

The older Holt sibling sighed, but nodded. "Alright. I'll try that. No thinking."

"No, no. That's Lance's job. You still have to think."

Matthew chuckled. "Right..." He then loosely gestured to Keith's abdomen. "Have you noticed? Has Lance even noticed?"

Keith blinked owlishly, then tilted his head and cocked his brow. "What are you talking about?"

"You know..." Matthew muttered softly. "Your baby bump."

Suddenly self-aware, Keith's gaze snapped down and his palms both pressed flat to his belly. Matthew was right. He was starting to show and he hadn't even noticed it. Keith gulped. "I-I didn't... I didn't notice..."

Matthew chuckled and nudged him. "Don't freak out, bud. Go get some rest, man."

The red paladin hummed, then nodded. "You'll be fine with her?"

"I'll be okay. I was going to give her a break from me, though." Matthew turned to look up at the lion. "I'm kinda hungry anyway."

Keith smiled. "I'll head to the kitchen with you."

~

Lance groaned as he dragged himself into the bridge, followed by the other exhausted pilots. "Loiter really handed us our asses today." He grumbled, grunting as Keith threw his arms around him. "Hey, babe."

"You ass! Don't suddenly stop talking after you are shot!" Keith snapped, pulling away to glare at Lance. "You scared the hell out of me!"

The blue paladin blinked, then grinned sheepishly as the others sat down. "Aw, sorry! It won't happen again!"

Keith gripped Lance tighter, then slid arms arms over Lance's shoulders and rested his forehead on Lance's chestplate. "It better not."

Lance hummed, wrapping his arms around Keith. "I promise."

"Alright. We need to book it, so can you two sit down so Allura will wormhole?"

~

Lance snored softly, hugging a pillow tightly to himself as he slept. Keith lay beside him, as close as he could get so he wouldn't fall off the bed.

He sighed and sat up, slinging his legs over the side of their bed. "I can't do this anymore." Keith muttered and stood up.

Keith snuck out of their room, careful not to wake Lance. He trotted down the hall and made his way to the bridge. The red paladin sighed in relief as the doors opened and Coran was over by his control panel.

"Hey." Keith folded his arms and walked up to the Altean.

Coran yawned and waved, then smiled brightly. "Hello, Keith! Shouldn't you be resting?"

Keith hummed, looking up at the crystal. "Well, yes... I just can't sleep."

"Lance too loud? Is he taking up the bed?" Coran mused, checking on the shield's stability. "Or is it there's just too much on your mind?"

The red paladin relaxed against the panel. "The bed is too small for the both of us, and now that we're having a baby it feels smaller and smaller."

Coran nodded. "Ah, yes. I understand. Tell you what. I'll find a room for you and Lance and the baby. Just go try and-"

Alarms and flashing lights cut the advisor off. Coran sighed. "Or not. Paladins!" He activated the particle barrier. "We are under attack!"

~

"How's this!?" Keith stepped into the room after Coran, looking around.

"Wow..." He touched the blankets. "It's... Fancy... It's big."

Coran chuckled, pinching the curl of his mustache. "Yes, indeed. I touched it up just for you two. Ten thousand years of dust collecting is a quite a mess."

Keith turned to Coran and smiled. "Thanks. You didn't have to."

The Altean shrugged and hummed. "It's no problem, Keith. It gave me something to do other than update and check the castle systems. Also, I had Hunk and number five help me with this." Coran stepped over to a wall and touched a little panel.

A crib popped out of the wall and Keith's eyes widened. Keith swerved around the large bed to inspect the crib. "Wow..." He pressed into the small mattress, smiling as he picked up a small stuffed animal. "Is this a Weblum?" He mused.

"Yes!" Coran grinned, puffing out his chest. "I had found it a while back in one of the bedrooms much farther down. There's more if you want to go through them when you have the time. There may be blankets or even clothes."

Keith smiled widely, looking up at Coran. "This means a lot, Coran. Thank you so much."

Coran relaxed, patting Keith's shoulder. "You are very welcome, Keith."

~

"It's a lovely day today... You would have enjoyed it... I hope. I hope you'd enjoy it. I don't know yet. For all we know, you'll be just like mommy."

"Wait, wait! Who said they're calling me that!?"

Lance snickered obnoxiously as he squeezed Keith's middle and nuzzled into his belly. "Me! Duh. You didn't think they're calling me mommy. Were you?"

Keith narrowed his eyes. "I didn't think either of us were being called mommy."

The blue paladin hummed, curling up against Keith. "But I think it only makes sense that you're the one they'll call mom. It's confusing when both of us are daddy."

"You can be papá, and I'll be dad." Keith countered, gesturing with both of his hands. Then he settled one hand in Lance's hair and the other on his abdomen. "Less confusing."

"But how can they tell the difference when they're just beginning to speak?" Lance looked up at Keith, then tucked his face back into Keith's side. "It'd just be easier if you're mommy. Besides, you're the one pregnant."

"I don't even know how I'm pregnant. There are female Galra." Keith huffed, pouting slightly.

Lance rubbed Keith's belly. "Dunno... We might have to ask someone. Maybe Kolivan knows."

Keith sighed, carding his fingers through Lance's hair. "Maybe. We'll find out at some point."

-----

1146 words

Well...

Idk what to say.