Thirty-Four

Lance yawned as he held Rosályn. She gripped his shirt, resting her head on his shoulder. She hummed softly, eyes closed but fighting sleep.

He capped off her bottle and gently nudged her with it. Rosályn straightened up, eyes brightening as she took her bottle and immediately started suckling. She whined as she was set on the floor, but relaxed and kept her eyes on her father as she kept her bottle in her mouth.

The blue paladin leaned on the counter, rubbing his face with a sigh. He peeked down at the little girl, then crouched in front of her. Rosályn watched him. "Rosie... You can't quite understand everything I say... But I'm going to tell you anyway."

Rosályn blinked, pausing her suckling at the soft, sorrowful tone her father used. However, she quickly returned to it.

"Rosie, you... You could have been a big sister." Lance murmured, reaching forward to pet her hair back. "But when we were away, trying to clear a base... We thought it was going to be easier, but it was actually harder. Mom was attacked. He was hurt really badly, and that... That Galra killed your chance at being a big sister and even killed a part of your mom."

"Mommy?" Rosályn lowered her bottle as she listened, not very many of the other words registering in her mind. She then giggled, raising her shoulders, causing her chubby cheeks to bunch up more. "Mommy!"

Lance smiled softly at her. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Eres demasiado preciosa."* He whispered as she hummed, reaching up without her bottle to pat his cheeks.

"Dada, up." Rosályn grabbed his shirt in one hand, grabbing her bottle with the other.

The blue paladin complied, scooping her up to cradle in his arms as she put the bottle back in her mouth.

Lance gently rocked her for a few minutes, humming softly. Once her bottle was empty and she was fast asleep, Lance set the bottle by the dirty dishes and headed back to his shared room.

~

Rosályn didn't struggle as Keith tightly held her. She rested her head on his shoulder, humming as her hair was pet. The baby curled her fingers into Keith's shirt, looking around the room. Berrie lay on the bed, keeping her eyes on them.

"Mommy?" Rosályn murmured as Keith rested his head gently a top hers. He rubbed her back. "'nna see ki-ee."

"You want to see kitty?" Keith asked softly, letting her pull herself up.

"Mm-hm." She nodded, curling her fingers into Keith's lengthy locks. "See ki-ee."

Keith smiled, stroking her cheek. "Okay. Let's go see kitty."

Rosályn rested her head back onto Keith's shoulder, toying with his hair as he made his way down the halls to the lion's hangars.

Once the red lion's hangar doors opened, Rosályn perked up and twisted to look at the giant machinery. She gasped and giggled as Keith set her down on her own two feet. Despite the floor being cold on her bare feet, she hurried in a waddling run to the lion.

"Hi, hi, ki-ee!" She squeaked giddily, running into a giant claw and trying to hug it.

The metallic lion purred at her. Keith stood back, watching fondly as Rosályn plopped down on her rump.

She giggled, grabbing her toes and rocking as she looked up at the lion. Rosályn hummed, pushing herself back up to her feet. She squeaked and laughed as the lion made another noise, and ran straight back to Keith.

"Mommy, mommy! Up!" Rosályn squealed, Keith complying. "Up!" Keith raised a brow, but then looked up as she pointed.

"Up in Red?" Rosályn nodded eagerly, bouncing on his hip.

Keith hummed, stepping closer to his lion.

Red lowered her head and opened her jaw. Rosályn looked around in wonder. She'd only ever seen the lions, but never was inside one.

Rosályn gripped her mother tighter as they entered the cockpit. She wiggled until Keith set her down, and climbed into the pilot's chair with some help from Keith. Once seated comfortably, she giggled as the chair slid forward, closer to the dash. "Ki-ee, ki-ee!" Rosályn clapped, pushing herself to her feet.

The baby bounced ecstaically as Red purred again, louder now that she was inside the lion. "Mommy!" Rosályn cried, pointing to the windows, out at the hangar.

Keith hummed, standing beside the chair. "I see."

Shrieking, Rosályn stomped her feet, grabbing the arm of the chair to keep herself up. She giggled and squeaked, falling back onto her bum and trying to wiggle off the seat. Keith helped her the rest of the way down.

Rosályn gasped, clinging to Keith's leg so she wouldn't fall as Red lowered her head again. Once Red steadied again, Rosályn bolted ahead of her mother and down the ramp, screaming as the doors across the hangar opened. "Dada! Dada, dada, dada!" She shouted, running as quickly as she could, squealing as she was swooped up into her father's warm, comforting arms.

"There's my two favorite people that I love the mostest in the whole wide universe!" Lance laughed as he nuzzled Rosályn and she returned the gesture full-force. He grinned brightly as Keith approached them, then softened and opened his arm out for Keith. "Come here, mi querido." Lance murmured and Keith shuffled over, wrapping his arms around Lance's middle underneath his jacket. Lance gently squeezed them both, kissing their foreheads. "I love you both so much..."

"Luff you!" Rosályn grinned, rubbing her nose to his.

Lance laughed, rubbing Keith's back.

Keith hummed, laying his head on Lance's shoulder. "I love you, too."

-----

942 words

D'aww!

Eres demasiado preciosa. = You're too precious.