Fourty

Keith sighed, crawling back into bed. Lance groaned, opening his arms. Keith buried himself into Lance.

"You okay?" Lance murmured, rubbing Keith's back.

"I'm fine... Stomach bug."

Lance hummed. "Sorry, cariño." He tugged Keith closer and lazily kissed his forehead. "Rosie still asleep?"

The red paladin nodded. "Yeah. She's still sleeping like a rock." Lance chuckled, tugging the blanket up. Keith smiled, relaxing more into Lance's warmth. "Let's sleep some more."

"Mm, I was already planning on that, mi cariño."

~

Keith fidgetted nervously as he sat beside Pidge.

The green paladin typed away on her laptop, glaring at the screen.

"Hey..." Keith spoke up, inching closer.

"Hi." Pidge grumbled, slamming her finger down on shift.

Keith flinched at her odd aggressive behavior. "Mind if I... Distract you from whatever it is that's making you angry?"

Her eyes instantly lit up. She halted her typing, slamming her laptop shut. She spun in her seat, propping her chin in hand as she faced him. "Of course, yes."

The red paladin blinked at the complete 180° in attitude, but then cleared his throat and gulped. "Well... I've been sick again these past couple days and... I wanted to see... If you could hook up that machine thingy we used to see Rosie?"

Pidge blinked a couple times, then a grin split her face. "Are you serious!?"

"Pidge! Quiet!"

"Right, right. My bad. Sorry. Keeping it quiet and on the down-low."

~

Lance playing with Berrie and Rosályn simultaneously in the lounge, yawning rather loudly. Hunk and Matthew joined in at some point.

Some time later, Keith walked in, smiling with his hands folded over his abdomen.

The blue paladin grinned at Keith, standing up. "Hey, babe! I was wondering where you vanished off to!"

Keith smiled brighter, taking Lance's hands. "I need to talk to you."

Hunk and Matthew looked up, now very curious.

Lance blinked, but nodded. "Okay. What about?"

The red paladin shook his head. "Outside. I want to tell you alone."

"Al...right?" Lance furrowed his brows, but followed Keith out into the hallway. "What's this about? I want to ask if something's wrong, but you're smiling, so... I have no idea."

Keith squeezed Lance's hands, bouncing on his toes. "It's not bad news. I promise. Well, it's good for me, I don't know about you." Lance huffed amusedly, humming as Keith excitedly jumped forward and crushed their lips together.

Lance chuckled, placing his hands on Keith's waist, Keith's hands on his cheeks. "Good news is good news, cariño." He leaned forward, kissing Keith's cheek. "What is it?"

The red paladin placed his hands over Lance's, sliding one of them over his abdomen. "It still only feels like... Not that long ago I lost... We lost a baby... But I still want our family to grow. I'm ready for another baby."

"Is... That what you wanted to talk about?" Lance asked softly, caressing his side. "We can have another baby if you want."

"Okay, good." Keith sang, dark eyes sparkling as he looked up at Lance. "Because I'm pregnant."

Lance stared down at Keith, eyes slightly wider. Keith bit his lip to keep from a face-splitting grin.

"You... You're already..." Lance blinked a couple times, glancing down to his hand on Keith's abdomen. "H-how'd you know?"

Keith squeezed Lance's hands. "Pidge showed me." He spoke in a softer voice, searching Lance's gaze. "Are you not...? Do you not-"

"No no no no!" Lance gasped, gripping Keith and tugging him tighter. "I do! I do, I'm just- I was just- we've only done that once since then!?"

The red paladin laughed, petting Lance's hair back. "That's all it takes, Lance." Keith sang, flattening his palms over Lance's cheeks.

Lance then broke out into a grin, throwing his arms around Keith. "Another baby! Rosie's gonna be a big sister!"

Keith laughed, squeezing his lover and burying his face into his shoulder. "Good thing you got all that extra baby stuff when we had Rosie."

The blue paladin nuzzled Keith's hair. "You never know." Lance murmured, rubbing Keith's back. "I love you... I love you so much, Keith."

"I love you, too..."

~

"Rosályn Olivia!" Lance cried, bolting into the bedroom and scooping her up. Rosályn gasped, confused as the knife was torn from her grasp. "No! You can't have this! How did you even take it off of the shelf!?"

"What? What happened?" Keith hurried over, curiously looking over Lance's shoulder. "The knife?" She took the blade from Lance's hand. "Berrie must have knocked it down from the shelf."

Berrie meowed from her little fort across the room.

Lance sighed, setting Rosályn down on the bed. "Aye, dios mio..." He sat beside her, letting her pull herself into his lap.

Keith smiled and sat beside them. "Rosie." She hummed, looking up at him and grabbing Lance's hand. Keith hummed, placing his hands over his abdomen. "You ready to be a big sister?"

Rosályn blinked, tilting her head.

Lance smiled, lightly bouncing Rosályn on his knee. "You're going to be a big sister."

She peeked up at Lance, then turned back to Keith. "Sis?"

Keith chuckled, taking Rosályn in his lap. "I have a little baby in my belly."

Rosályn gasped and looked down to Keith's stomach. "Belly!?"

Lance and Keith laughed as Rosályn pressed herself against Keith's abdomen. Rosályn had both her hands flat over Keith's stomach, half her face buried in his shirt.

"I guess someone is excited to be a big sister."

-----

913 words

I was, and now I want to go back and time ans make sure I'd never be a big sister.