Thirty-One

His blood pumping, legs aching, adrenaline racing, Keith couldn't wipe the wide grin off his face as he faught hand-to-hand with a Galran soldier. With a swift, precise kick to the head, the shoulder slammed into the wall and crumpled to the floor.

"How you holding up, babe!?" Lance asked from several stories up, sniper in his hands.

"Great! It feels so good to finally get out here and just punch something!" Keith pivoted and drove his blade into a sentry's chest plate as he spoke. "Matthew, how's the first day on the new job!?"

"Fantastic!" Matthew laughed. Keith's grin widened as he heard Rosályn squeak and giggle. "Rosályn is just an angel! Aren't you, sweetheart?"

"Ah- Dadadada!"

"That's my girl!" Lance cheered, leaping off his ledge once the level was clear. "Alright! Pidge, we good?"

"Just another tick, and... Done!" The green paladin snapped her laptop shut, disconnecting it. The lights powered down, the whirring fading. Lance pumped his fists as they heard sentries collapsing on the other side of the door. "Base is clear! Let's head back to the castle before back-up arrives! Coran?"

"Contacting Kolivan right now, number five!"

~

"My sweet little girl!" Keith crooned, Rosályn kicking and squealing excitedly as she was handed to him. "Mommy missed you!"

Rosályn giggled, nuzzling his cheek. She then gasped and screamed as she looked over his shoulder.

"Dada!" She stretched over Keith's shoulder, stretching her little arms out to the blue paladin.

Everyone froze, turning to look at the infant as she continued to whine and stretch.

Keith held her up in front of him. "What was that?"

"Dada!" Rosályn cried, kicking her legs as hard as she could with curling and uncurling her fingers in Lance's direction. "Dada! Dada! Dada!" She chanted ecstatically as he came rushing over and scooped her up into his arms. "Dada!"

"¡Mi preciosa, querida y dulce princesita!"* Lance littered her chubby little face in kisses as she squeaked and giggled. "Rosályn! Your first word!" His grin was so wide and tears gathered in his eyes as he squeezed her close.

"Dada! Dada!" The nine-month-old infant patted her father's cheeks, giggling uncontrollably as he Eskimo kissed her. "Dada!"

"That is the sweetest shit you'll ever see out here." Pidge muttered, recording device held up to capture the moment.

"I think you ruined it by cussing. You better bleep it out." Hunk murmured beside her, but still grinned.

Shiro chuckled, patting Hunk's shoulder.

Lance started to sing in Spanish as he danced with Rosályn, still in full armor. Keith fondly watched and listened, joining in as Lance beckoned him over.

~

"Dada!"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Dada, mm phfft!" Rosályn bounced on her pillow, then rolled onto her hands and knees. "Dada, mmba!"

Lance laughed, laying on the bed beside her. Rosályn crawled across the blankets, then pulled herself up onto Lance's chest. Berrie watched amusedly from the foot of the bed. Rosályn giggled as her father helped her the rest of the way up. "Ah! Dada! Bababa-Dadadada!"

The blue paladin hummed, pursing his lips as he pinched a silky soft lock of baby hair between his fingers. Rosályn didn't seem to mind as she toyed with Lance's shirt, trying to eat it.

"Hold on, sweetie." Lance rolled onto his side, laying her back onto the pillow. He got up and searched through the closet designated for her.

While his back was turned, Rosályn rolled onto her belly, hoisting herself up onto her hands and knees. She squeaked, crawling as fast as she could to the edge.

"No, no, no, little girl!" Lance laughed, scooping her up. Rosályn gasped and kicked, blinking in surprise as she was placed in the bowl her father's legs made.

"Ah!" She squealed, reaching up as her favorite toy dangled down in front of her. "Bebem!" Rosályn giggled, hugging the Weblum plush.

Lance carded his fingers through her hair, a tiny pink rubber band between his lips. He pulled her long bangs off her forehead and into his fingers. Once satisfied with the little bit of hair he could gather, he tied it all up on top of her head as she was distracted. Lance toyed with Rosályn's little curls, gently and carefully untangling the few knots in her hair.

His eyes sparkled as he turned her around. Rosályn looked up at him with her dark blue, almond shaped eyes, one of the Weblum's feet caught in between her gums. "My sweet little girl!" Lance crooned, hands on the sides of her head. "You are so cute! I need to get a picture of this!"

~

Keith yawned, slouching on the sofa. Lance rested his head on Keith's shoulder, Rosályn toying with Berrie's tail and her Weblum on Keith's lap.

Rosályn paused, humming softly as she looked up at her parents, the sprinkler hair-do a top her head bouncing and swaying.

"Mommy..."

The red paladin nudged Lance. "What?" He muttered, turning his head so his nose was tickled by Lance's soft, short locks.

"Mommy."

"Lance, I said 'what.'" Keith grumbled, furrowing his brows.

"Mommy!"

Keith groaned, opening his eyes and looking down at Rosályn as she leaned over and reached up, patting his chest.

"Mommy!"

His eyes widened and he jolted straight up, startling Lance and Berrie awake. "What!?" Keith gasped, lifting Rosályn up.

Rosályn whined, curling her legs up. "Mommy!"

Both her parents stared up at her with large, shocked eyes as she pouted, reaching down to the Weblum toy that fell into Keith's lap when she was lifted.

"Did... Did she just say...?" Lance gulped, voice slightly raspy from just waking.

Keith broke out into a grin, pulling Rosályn against his chest. "Oh, sweetheart! You said my name!"

"Mommy!" Rosályn cried, but fisted Keith's shirt and nuzzled into him.

Lance grinned, pulling them both into an embrace while Berrie got comfortable on the cushion beside them. "Rosie is just growing up so fast!"

-----

988 words

Lol, it looks like I lied last chapter.

¡Mi preciosa, querida y dulce princesita! = My precious, darling and sweet princess!