Sixty

Lance hummed, eyes closed and slouched in his seat on the bridge, Pike fast asleep on his chest.

He breathed deeply, rubbing up and down Pike's back.

Shiro and Keith glanced back at him every-so often. Rosályn held Berrie to herself as she watched the stars pass by. Berrie meowed as Rosályn kissed the top of her head between her long ears. The tip of her tail flicked back and forth.

Pidge curled up in her seat, fast asleep with Matthew sitting on the arm of her chair.

Hunk snored softly from his seat.

"With Lance back," Matthew started, standing up. Lance sniffed and jolted slightly, slowly sitting up. Keith, Shiro and Allura turned their attention to Matthew. "With you back, bud, I don't understand why Lotor hasn't attacked. He'd think you're still weak after he had seen the way you acted in the arena. He'd think you'll freak out in battle. Would Lotor see that as an advantage?"

Shiro looked back to the giant window, placing his hand on Matthew's lower back as he sat beside him on the arm of his chair. "I'd think so."

Lance rubbed his face. "So... Are we wanting him to attack, or no?"

Matthew huffed. "No. We don't want him to attack, I'm just saying that I'm surprised he hasn't. Do you think he's planning something?"

"Lotor is always planning something." Keith muttered, picking up Rosályn to set her in his lap. The toddler squeaked, then shuffled and started taking apart his braid to redo it. "But I hadn't thought about that. With him thinking Lance is still weak and worked up, he should have attacked."

Allura nodded in agreement. "It is strange... Maybe he is trying to build up anxiety... Or maybe he knows we'd expect an attack when one of the paladins is weak."

Keith adjusted Rosályn. "So we should keep prepared. Always expect an attack... Or do we attack him?"

Shiro shook his head. "No. Lotor will expect an attack from us. We can only wait for him to come at us."

Lance nodded, rocking with Pike as the baby started to fuss. "Okay..."

~

Keith hummed, swaying with Lance. Lance had his arms wrapped around Keith, rubbing up and down his back. Keith rested his head on Lance's shoulder, arms tucked up between their chests.

Lance kissed Keith's head. "I love you."

The red paladin smiled, tucking his face into Lance's neck. "I love you, too..."

"Pike and Rosie are with Allura, right?"

Keith nodded, running his hand up Lance's chest and over his shoulder. "Yeah. Pike should sleep all night and Rosie loves playing with Allura, so they'll be fine."

Lance hummed, rocking back with Keith. "Okay... Maybe we can get some actual sleep tonight."

Keith chuckled, pulling back. "You mean I'll get some sleep while you stay up until your body shuts down."

"Same difference." Lance shrugged, tugging Keith back to their bed. "But, I'm gonna try to sleep. I'm really tired, but I should be alert."

"Right." Keith cupped Lance's face and hummed as their lips connected. Lance smiled into the kiss, hands placed gently on Keith's waist.

Keith pulled Lance back onto the bed. "Let's get some sleep, then."

Lance nodded, following Keith under the covers. He buried himself into Keith's arms, their legs tangling and arms wrapped tightly around each other.

Keith pulled the blanket over them, smiling as Lance buried his face into his chest. Lance sighed softly, relaxing.

The red paladin squeezed Lance, kissing his head. "I love you so much, Lance."

The blue paladin smiled, tracing his fingers up and own Keith's back. "I love you, too, Keith."

~

For a few days, sleep was better. Lance could sleep, holding tightly onto Keith or one of the little ones. Berrie even helped a little bit when she curled up on his chest or on the small of his back.

However, Lance can't understand just why he can't remember why good things always come to an end.

It still feels like just the other day he was still in the prison, being thrown into the maze or a small arena or onto the table.

Why couldn't good things stay a little longer? Just a little bit longer?

"Keith!" Lance screamed, struggling against Galran soldiers as Keith and Pike were carried away.

Lance thrashed, eyes burning with tears. "Keith! Please, Keith! Wake up! Keith!"

-----

730 words

You know I had to do it to 'em.