Seventy-Three

Pike scrunched his nose as he looked at his brand new sisters. "Two more sisters?"

Keith smiled as Lance laughed. "Sorry, bubba. Even we didn't know they were girls." Keith whispered, cradling the twins to his chest. Lance still sat behind Keith, letting him rest back on his chest.

Lance ruffled Pike's hair. "You'll be okay, bubba. Sisters aren't all terrible."

Pidge came back in, letting Rosályn run passed her.

"Mommy, mommy!" The six-year-old cried, climbing up onto the bed, then gasped as she saw the twins. "Babies!"

Lance grinned, running his fingers through her hair. "Babies. You got two new sisters, Rosie."

Rosályn blinked, looking up at her parents. "Sisters? Both are girls?"

Keith nodded, tilting them slightly for Rosályn to see as she leaned over. "Two sisters, Rosie. Aren't they beautiful?"

She grinned, petting the black fluff a top one of the twin's head. "Yeah. I like them. They are super little, mommy."

"Mhm..." Keith tilted his head onto Rosályn's as she leaned on his shoulder. "What should we name them?"

"What were you and daddy naming them?" She asked, taking a little fist.

"Well, mom likes Max." Lance rested his chin on Keith's unoccupied shoulder. "I think that's a cute name for a girl. Or, Maxine, call her Max for short?"

Pike shuffled closer. "I like it. Her name be Max." He patted the smaller twin's head.

Keith hummed. "Does daddy have any names he likes?"

Lance caressed Keith's side as he thought. "Well, I've thought a lot about Billie and Lily since you've mentioned them... Okay, how about this; Rosályn Olivia, Pike Alexander, Maxine Lily, and Billie May?"

The red paladin grinned. "I love it... Oh my gosh, I love it... Where'd you come up with May?"

The blue paladin softly kissed Keith's neck. "One of my best friends when I was little. Her name was May. On my third day at the Garrison I was told she died in an accident."

Keith brushed his thumb over Billie's cheek. "I love it... What a lovely way to honor her... It's such a beautiful name..."

"I know you're only saying that because you're exhausted from the labor." Lance mused, folding his arms underneath the twins. Keith smiled. "Let's let Pidge take them and we'll take you back to our room so you can get some rest, okay?"

Keith nodded, but whined as Billie and Maxine were taken from him. "Please be careful... They're so tiny..."

Pidge chuckled, laying them in the same Altean incubator instead of separate ones. "I know, Keith. They're okay."

He nodded, keeping his eyes on them.

Lance shooed Pike and Rosályn off the bed. "Go on ahead, you two. I'll be right behind you."

They nodded, shuffling only to the door before stopping and waiting for their parents. Lance adjusted Keith so he could climb off the bed. He tucked the blanket underneath Keith's legs before gently picking him up and holding him to his chest.

"I'm so proud of you, Keith." Lance murmured softly, kissing his head.

Keith smiled, closing his eyes as he nuzzled into Lance's shoulder. "I love them... So, so much, I love them..."

Lance carried him back to their room, glancing back to Pidge and the twins every so often and watching Pike and Rosályn as he walked. Once he reached their room, he lay Keith on his side - the side closest to the crib - and helped Rosályn and Pike onto the bed.

"Alright. Here. I've seen more than I've ever wanted to see, so I'll leave before I have to see more."

Lance laughed, waving as the green paladin left.

Keith stretched his arms out, sitting back on pillows. "Babies!"

"I'm getting them, sweetheart." Lance smiled, gently picking up Billie and Maxine. He walked back over and sat on the edge. "Here's Billie..." He carefully handed the twin born first, then started handling the smaller one over. "And here's Maxine."

Keith grinned, cradling the babies to his chest. "Hello, my little girls... How's the universe, hm?"

Maxine curled up, covering her face with her arms. Keith giggled softly, kissing her little fist.

Lance smiled as he watched, letting Rosályn sit in his lap. "Hey, princess. Like your sisters?"

Rosályn nodded, grabbing her father's hand. "Yeah. I love them lots and lots."
Lance nodded, patting her leg. "Yeah... Me too, princess."

~

The blue paladin swayed with Billie, humming and singing softly to her as Keith and Maxine slept. Bille suckled on her bottle, eyes slowly drifting shut.

"Stop fighting it, baby girl..." He mused, kissing her forehead. "Get some sleep."

Billie cooed softly, looking tiredly up at him.

He chuckled, petting her silky soft, dark hair. "You look just like your mamá." Billie hummed, eyes finally drifting shut. "There you are, baby girl..." Lance took the bottle away and set it aside, then gently lay her down beside Maxine.

Lance crawled back into bed, wrapping his arms around Keith. Keith nuzzled closer, then sighed and relaxed. Lance hummed to him, rubbing up and down his back as he began to fall asleep himself.

-----

847 words

Aw, little babies...

Anyone noticed I haven't done anything evil in a while?