Seventeen

"I AM HAVING A BABY GIRL!" Lance shrieked, bursting onto the bridge, grin splitting his face with tears in his eyes.

"A girl!?" Allura gasped, then squealed and dashed over to him. "It's a girl!?" They embraced tightly, Allura bouncing giddily. "I'm so glad I picked out all those cute little dresses and tiny little shoes- she's going to be the cutest, sweetest little thing, I just know it!"

Allura pulled back, then Lance was engulfed by Hunk. "I'm so happy for you, man!"

He stepped back, then Lance looked over as Shiro patted his back. "Another member I'm proud to have as a part of our team."

Matthew and Coran then jumped in, pulling Lance away. "My young paladin is growing up so fast!" Coran squeezed Lance as Matthew laughed.

"I know how to take care of babies, so if you need any help, just ask me, my dude."

Lance gave Matthew a thumb's up. "I'll be sure to do that. Slav?"

Slav just proudly held all of his thumb's up.

~

"How's my little princess this lovely day?" Lance sang as he crawled into bed, still in his armor.

Keith groaned and swatted at him. "Go change!"

Lance pouted. "I can't! We're about to land and hopefully form an alliance!"

"Still; no armor on the bed." Keith huffed.

The blue paladin whined, rolling off the bed. He crawled around, then pulled himself up beside Keith. "No armor on the bed!" Lance mused with a smirk as he placed his hand flat over Keith's belly. "Hi, baby girl! Mi pequeña princesa."* He crooned, giggling as he felt her kick. Lance tilted his head, looking up at Keith.

Keith kept his expressionless gaze on the Altean tablet.

Lance grinned, caressing Keith's belly. "Baby girl, I think your mommy is the prettiest person I have ever seen."

Red crawled up Keith's cheeks, his brows furrowing to keep concentration on the tablet.

"Mommy is so talented and smart." The red kept getting brighter as his focus faltered. "Daddy is absolutely the luckiest person in the universe, just because I have your mommy, princess. I love him so, so much."

Keith dropped the tablet in favor of burying his face in his hands. "Stop it!"

"Stop what?" Lance hummed, resting his head on the edge of the bed, his gaze soft and glued on Keith.

"Whatever it is you are doing, you jerk!"

Lance chuckled. "I'm not doing anything. Just talking to our baby girl. Hey, what are we naming her?"

Keith glared at Lance through his fingers, then sighed. He let his hands rest over his abdomen. "We have two names... Rosályn and Olivia."

"Then we'll use them." Lance shuffled and leaned up to kiss Keith's belly. "How about... Rosályn Olivia? Doesn't sound half bad. Like it, princess?" He grinned as he got a few gentler kicks in response. "Rosályn Olivia it is! Only the best for my little girl!"

"Rosályn Olivia... I love it." Keith smiled, though he bit his lip.

Lance stood, leaning over to press his lips gently to Keith's. Keith hummed, reaching up to tangle his fingers in Lance's hair. "I really love you..." Lance whispered after they broke apart.

The red paladin curled his fingers. "I love you, too." Lance smiled, placing soft, repeating kisses to Keith's lips, holding himself up with one hand pressed into the mattress. His other hand placed flat over Keith's belly where their baby started kicking again.

They both laughed softly.

"I need to pee." Keith murmured.

Lance stuck his tongue out and straightened up. "Then go pee! I don't need to hear that! You ruined our moment, Keith!"

~

Keith sat in the bridge, eyes on the screen. "So... Why can't I go to a diplomatic meeting?"

Coran chuckled, fixing one of the panels on his control panel. "Just in case, Keith. We never know what could happen."

"Yeah... Hey, what's that blip-thingy?"

The Altean hummed, looking up at the screen in front of him. "Oh... That's a call... A call? Who in the name of Altea...?" Coran muttered, typing across his panel to answer the call.

Keith went wide eyed and stood up as the screen flickered, then the landscape of the planet they were on was replaced by Lotor.

"Coran, cancel it!" Keith shouted as Coran began to panic, fingers flying over the panel.

"Is that you, red paladin?" Lotor mused, chills shooting down Keith's spine. "Is that why the red lion has been flown differently? Because you're expecting a child?"

"You don't seem surprised." Keith sneered, facing Lotor with a glare.

Lotor chuckled deeply, bowing his head. "It is not uncommon for Galran males to be able to bare children. You just happened to be unlucky enough to be the half-Galran male that can produce a child. Who's child is it? The Black paladin's? Wait, don't tell me. I know. It is his." Lotor leaned back.

Keith turned back to Coran. "What is taking so long!?"

"I can't break the connection!"

"Talk to me more, red paladin!" Lotor sang, folding his hands together. "Is the child male, or female? Champion seems like he'd produce strong male children."

"Coran, try harder! He's trying to track us!"

"I'm trying, Keith!"

"Keith?" Lotor echoed, a finger on his chin. "Is that your name, paladin? Keith? Doesn't sound threatening. Sounds very... Submissive."

Keith started to shake in anger.

Lotor leaned forward. "I think, Keith, when I find you, I'll kill Champion's child, imprison you, and have you bear my children. See how he feels about tha-"

The screen flickered and he was gone, voice cutting out. Coran groaned and slumped in relief as Keith trembled.

Slowly, Keith lowered himself back into his seat, eyes wide and stinging with tears. He placed one hand over his abdomen and the other over his mouth and nose.

Coran looked over at him, then over his shoulder as the doors opened.

"Coran?" Allura murmured as she stepped in. "What happened? Why are you so pale?"

A sob broke through Keith's fingers and rushed footsteps immediately broke out.

Lance fell to his knees in front of Keith, gently taking his hands. "Keith? Keith, baby, what's the matter?"

Coran leaned over his panel. "Lotor... He called and kept the connection in order to track our location... I managed to break it, but... Not before he threatened to kill the child."

The blue paladin gripped Keith's hands, then gathered him in his arms. "Never, Keith. That will never happen. I will gut him before he has the chance to so much as look at you again."

Keith nodded, clinging desperately to Lance and burying his face into Lance's shoulder. "Promise... Promise, Lance."

"I swear it."

-----

1116 words

Ooh, Lotor!