Seventy-One

"Yup... There they are..." Pidge hummed, pointing at the screen. "Two heart beats and two little babies..."

Keith gripped Lance's hand, staring wideeyed at the screen. "So... It's really twins?"

Lance ran his thumb over Keith's knuckles. "Explains why you got so bug so fast." He mused, laughing as Keith smacks his shoulder. "Ow! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

Pidge giggled, shaking her head. "I think I could see their genders if I zoom in."

Keith shook his head. "No, no... I want this one to be a surprise."

"Are we gonna tell Pike and Rosie they're twins?" Lance asked softly as Pidge took off the attachments. Keith hummed, then shook his head again.

"No. Double surprise."

~

"Mommy, you belly is so big!" Pike giggled, sitting in Keith's lap as he pat his mother's swollen belly.

Keith chuckled, his hands on his lower belly. "It is. Your baby sibling is getting just so big, I might explode."

Pike gasped, eyes blowing wide. "No!" He cried, throwing himself on top of Keith. Both his parents laughed. "No explode! Don't explode mommy, baby! No do it! Bad, very bad!"

Rosályn crawled up onto the bed, pulling Berrie with her. The feline meowed, trotting over to Keith's side once she was sure Rosályn was completely on the bed.

Lance pulled Rosályn into his lap. "You want to feel momma's belly, too?"

"Yup. Is it a sister, yet?"

The blue paladin chuckled and shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe."

"Oh." Rosályn crawled over to Keith and patted the baby bump. "Can we check?"

"Last time we checked, you got the brother you didn't want." Lance smiled as she scrunched her nose up. "What if we check and it's another brother?"

Rosályn whined. "No, no checking. Just in case. I don't want them to turn into a brother."

Keith laughed, running his fingers through his six-year-old's hair. "I love you so much, sweet girl."

She beamed up at him before nuzzling into his side, wrapping her arms around him as far as they could go. Keith grinned and kissed her head.

Pike released Keith and crawled over to Lance instead. He sat up in his father's lap, keeping a hold on his favorite blanket. Lance rubbed up and down his back.

"Do you want a brother or a sister, bubba?"

"Brother."

Lance laughed. "No hesitation. Do you think they're a brother?"

Pike nodded quickly, his dark chestnut curls bouncing. "Yup! Please be a brother, baby." He stretched and reached back for Keith, patting his swollen belly.

"We're trying, bubba." Lance mused, kissing his head. "Maybe you'll have a brother, but they might be another sister. Try not to be too sad if it's a sister, bubba."

The four-year-old sighed softly. "Okay... I won't be sad, dada."

~

Rosályn sat in Pidge's lap, watching as the green and yellow paladin's worked on a new project. She tuned out their conversation, too busy studying what they were doing. She's always liked what Auntie Pidge did. Building and making cool, new things. She liked helping, too.

"Rosie, can you go find a special tool for me?" Pidge asked. The six-year-old looked up at her curiously. "It looks kinda like this, but smaller and green." She held up one of her tools for reference. "It'll be over in my tool bag by the green lion's paw."

"Okay!" Rosályn got up and ran over to the green lion, giggling and waving on her way. "Hi, kitty!"

She dug through the tool bag until she found the tool she was searching for. During her search, she heard a yelp and some clattering, but paid no mind.

"I found it!" Rosályn shouted, waving the tool. She gasped once she turned around, seeing her aunt and uncle dipped back like she'd seen her parents a few times when they'd dance.

Pidge was leaned back, Hunk's hands on her waist and the small of her back, holding her up. He leaned over her, their faces really close. Rosályn watched eagerly, waiting for them to kiss, just like her parents.

She bit her lip, watching them lean closer together, eyelids drifting shut. Their lips brushed briefly, Rosályn beaming.

The door suddenly opened and Hunk's hands flew from Pidge. She shrieked as she fell back, hitting the floor. "I didn't do it!" He shouted, and Rosályn squealed with laughter.

Keith raised a brow at them, then motioned towards Rosályn. "Come here, baby. Time for bedtime stories."

"Okay!" Rosályn scuffled over to the green and yellow paladins, handing the tool to Pidge before dashing for her mother. "How are the babies?" She asked, grabbing Keith's hand.

The red paladin hummed, glancing back to Pidge and Hunk before the door shut and they walked away. "They're bouncing all over the place, sweetheart."

"They're not hurting mommy, are they?"

Keith smiled. "Not at all, baby. Even if they were, mommy can take it."

Rosályn smiled. "Good."

-----

820 words

Oh.

Well then.