Wattpad Original
There are 27 more free parts

✥ 12

Chapter 12

Zachary

She’s hurt.

I saw it in her eyes. I saw her holding her emotions to come out, as well as her tears. She’s indeed on the verge of crying.

Seeing the sadness in her beautiful face made me want to stay beside her. But I can’t say no to Katerina. She’s a good friend to me. Hindi lang sa akin kung hindi pati na rin sa mga magulang ko. She’s very close to my family. The reason why almost everyone misinterprets our closeness. Pero hanggang doon na lang iyon. Kaibigan lang ang turing ko sa kanya.

Nang tumawag siya sa akin para sabihing may sakit siya ay totoong nag-alala ako. Kate is living on her own ever since she started modeling. Wala siyang kasama sa bahay niya. Her family lives abroad kaya naman sa akin talaga siya lumalapit whenever she needs help.

But for the first time in my life, I felt the need to reject her and just stay beside Lissie and cuddle with her throughout the night. That’s what I actually planned before Kate called me.

I sighed. I remember Lissie’s face when I told her I need to go. Sino nga ba namang matutuwa? Matapos niya ako ipagluto ay bibirahan ko ng paalam.

I shook my head and went inside Kate’s house. Alam niya nang pupunta ako kaya nagdire-diretso na ako sa kwarto niya. Sa sobrang close namin, we are both welcome to go inside each other’s room, no malice at all.

“Kate…” I called out as I stormed inside her room. She’s lying in her bed. Her body was covered by a white thick comforter. She smiled when she saw me.

“Jax, I’m glad you came.” She uttered in a hoarse voice. Her eyes are puffy and a little bit reddish.

Only she calls me by my second name. Hindi ko alam kung bakit mas gusto niya iyon kesa sa unang pangalan ko.

I sat beside her. I touched her forehead and neck only to find out that she’s hot as fire. Well, I mean that’s because she’s sick.

I saw some medicines beside her table.

“How are you feeling? Did you drink some medicine?”

“Mmm…” she groaned. “Medicines sucks. It really tastes like hell.”

I laughed. She’s always like that. I know how she hates medicine.

“You need to endure it, Kate. Para naman gumaling ka kaagad.”

I fixed her hair that’s spreading across her face. I looked into her pretty face. Maganda si Kate, sobrang ganda. Fair complexion, hourglass-type of body, almond-shaped eyes, narrow nose, full lips and some freckles beside her nose -- a goddess to be exact.

Pero hanggang paghanga lang ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya. Hindi na hihigit pa roon. I just hope people will stop spreading gossips about us.

“Why did you tell the media that we’re open for a romantic relationship, Kate? You’re very much aware that it’s impossible to happen.” My teeth gritted in disappointment when I heard her answering those rumors about us.

She forced to laugh. “With how you react, para namang diring-diri ka sa akin, Jax.” She sighed. I suddenly felt guilty. “I needed to feed them those lies para hindi nila ako gawan ng issue doon sa isang star na nali-link sa akin. Isa pa, I just said that we’re both open for a relationship, I didn’t say na tayo na.” She rolled her eyes.

“Fine, sorry for exaggerating too much. I just don’t want them to spread rumors that aren’t true.”

“Why? May magagalit?” she asked raising her perfect eyebrow.