Cole x reader #1 -Promise-

Prompt: no. 20
Please, please don't leave.
Requested by: @starfan102

⚠️ warning ⚠️ fighting, drunkness, car crash, maybe a couple of swear words.

Btw this is the longest thing I've written

"I hate to see you like this" I look up and through the bars, I go to rest my arm against the cold metal pole, but my other hand follows and makes me stumble, 'oh right, handcuffs' "(y/n) this is the fifth time this month" looking back into my boyfriends eyes after I had finished glaring at the contraption restraining my wrists, I snarl.
"Yeah, you don't think I know that Cole; I'm not a dumbass" he rolls his eyes at me, and slams his open palms onto the bars in front of me.
"Can you at least tell me why, why are you doing this? Is it me? Do I not look after you?Do you think I don't care about you? Tell me (y/n) tell me why." I burst into tears at his words, I couldn't keep it in, I couldn't be strong, why couldn't I be strong. Why is Cole dating a girl like you. "Hey, hey, let's get you home okay," still blubbering Cole gets me out of the cell I hold onto him as tight as I can. I was able to subdue the waterfall of tears falling down my face and looked out the window, trying to let my mind wander. "What did you do this time anyway?" Turning back to the window after looking at Cole as he spoke I shrug my shoulders, "(y/n)" out of the corner of my eye I could see him looking at me.
"I got into a fight" I spoke in a whisper trying to conceal my drunken slurred words. "It wasn't even my fault" now glaring at my crossed arms.
"Not your fault, you took part in the fight it's partially your fault" I roll my eyes and I see his knuckles whiten as they become tighter around the steering wheel. "DONT roll you eyes at me" turning to him I snark back due to my drunken state.
"You can't stop me, I'm my own person. Anyway the guy was a jackas-"
"I DON'T CARE (Y/N), YOU CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS"
"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO YELL AT ME, YOU WEREN'T THERE"
"(Y/N), YOU ARE MINE I HAVE A DUTY TO CA-"
"WHAT 'CARE' YOU DONT CARE, IM LEFT ON MY OWN ALL THE TIME, NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME!" Tears cascading down my face once again I turn from Cole and can feel his case on me, I turn back to him to keep talking but see him with an angelic glow, quickly realising that it was headlights I go to yell at Cole but it was already to late. I could feel the metal of the car crushing and the glass shattering around me; I could feel Cole's arm cover my front. The car was flung off the road finally crashing to a stop on a tree. Blackness.

I must have a hangover my mind is fuzzy and it's hard to focus. "UGH-Cole turn off your alarm" the irritating beeping sound continues "Cole" I groan,
"Miss/mr, miss/mr are you awake, if please slowly open your eyes" freaking out over the strangers voice, I disregard their comment of immediately open my eyes.
"Oh gosh it's bright" I raise my arm to cover my eyes but it's stopped halfway due to the wire coming out of it.
"Miss/mr do you know where you are?" Looking around my surroundings, after I had let my eyes adjust, my precious thought that I was at home was diminished; the walls were bare and were stark white the curtain beside me was covered halfway so I couldn't see to the side of me.
"Due to the smell of death and chemicals and the starkness of the walls I'm going to assume I'm in the hospital" the nurse nods obviously confirming my answer.
"What's your name?"
"(Y/n) (m/n) (l/n)"
"How old are you?"
"(Age)"
"What colour are your eyes?"
"(E/c)"
"Very good, do you know why you are in hospital?"
"No?" I scrunch up my face trying to remember and I scratch my forehead when a sharp pain surges threw my head.
"You have sustained numerous injuries, I wouldn't move much, you were in a car crash" the nurse speeds out of the room. 'A car crash, when could have I been in a car crash'
"(Y/N)" I flinch at the loud sound but look at where it came from. I beam. "How are you feeling?"
"No that you're not yelling better" Lloyd starts apologising and I chuckle but it slowly fades "Where's Cole? I thought he would be the first on to visit me" Lloyd looks down and starts explaining that I had been in lockup and he went to get me, something happened while we were driving back and we crashed. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't remember.

I spent a couple of months in the hospital as my injuries healed, all of the boys visited me in that time telling me of their adventures and how they were beating up all of the bad guys, though I wasn't happy I put on a face, I don't think it worked very well as I believe the boys could tell that I was sad, I had been the reason Cole crashed; even though I couldn't remember I could tell that it was my fault. "(Y/n), do you wanna go see him?" Kai asks after having a heated discussion with a nurse, nodding Kai helped me with my crutches. He leads me to Cole's room and goes in first to make sure that everything was okay, he opened the door for me and told me to go sit next to him. I do, I look back to Kai and he stands the back and gives me a reassuring nod. Grasping Cole's cold hand I break leaning on him I cry and apologise, "I love you, please, please don't leave me"

shaking I fling myself up into a sitting position and rest my hand over my chest, slowing my breath strong arms wrapping around my middle. "Are you okay cupcake?" Snuggling into Cole I dig my face into his neck. "Same dream?" Nodding I trace one of the many scars he got that day, "it's okay muffin I got you"
"Please, please don't leave me"
"Promise"
"Promise?"
"Promise"