the road trip (markson)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11701938
Summary:

To celebrate their first whole year of being together, Mark and Jackson embark on their first trip as a couple – a nature filled road trip through the countryside – against the warnings of their parents. Eager for new experiences, and having just received his license, Jackson takes Mark and himself on a journey that is one they'll remember for a long time.

Markson - horror/thriller - 6k length - Trigger warning for angst/violence

her social  medias:

Tumblr - Twitter - Instagram - Snapchat: ohhhkenneth

___________________________________________________________

"Don't forget your flashlights!" Jackson's mother yelled from the porch. "Do you have your emergency credit card?!"

"Yes, it's in my wallet. Aish, I told you not to worry so much mom!" Jackson shouted back with an annoyed glare.

"Don't worry Mrs. Wang, we'll be fine. I've seen Jackson drive a hundred times, he's getting really good." Mark chimed in from the passenger seat as Jackson finished loading the trunk with stuff.

"It's not his driving that I'm worried about, it's all the other people's driving." She continued, walking to the end of the driveway where the car was parked and straight up to Jackson to give him a warm hug.

"Mom, trust me. We'll be fine." Jackson hummed into his mother's embrace. She looked up at him with growing concern, resting her hands on either side of his strong and handsome face.

"If anything goes wrong you call me right away, okay? Ba and I will pick you guys up any hour the day, any place." She reminded him, placing a wet motherly kiss onto his forehead that he attempted to cringe away from.

"Yes yes, I will don't worry. Even though the only danger I'll be in is having to listen to Mark sing for hours on end." Jackson joked playfully, hopping into the driver's seat of the red Mercedes Benz.

"Ya! You leave my Mark alone." Jackson's mother scolded, walking to the passenger's side to give Mark a loving hug and say goodbye.

"We'll be fine, promise." Mark smiled up at her, accepting her kind farewell warning.

Once the boys were finally packed and ready, Mrs. Wang backed up and waved them off, looking concerned as ever as the two drove off and out of sight.

"Wow, she was really worried, hey?" Mark commented, leaning back in his seat to look at Jackson.

"Yeah, well you know how my parents can be. I can't go to the corner store by myself without getting an earful from them. Especially mom." Jackson's answer was a little worn out, suggesting that he was annoyed.

"Hey, babe. Don't focus so much on all of that. This is going to be a stress free trip for us both. You'll be free of your parental control, and we will finally get to relax after another emotionally and physically draining semester." Mark said soothingly, rubbing Jackson's right hand that was placed on the gear shifter.

"Yeah, you're right. Gosh, I can't believe we graduate next year. Feels as though we've been in school for a hundred years." Jackson said, looking over at Mark with a giggle. "Just think, this time next year I'll be moved out of my parent's house and into my own apartment. Maybe we'll be roommates..."

Mark squeezed Jackson's hand gently and smiled down into his lap, trying to hide his flushed cheeks.

The two boys had been dating for exactly one year now. Mark finally mustered up the courage after weeks of stalking Jackson, who was always swamped in the library studying for his exams.