Ars Longa Vita Brevis (2jae)

LINK:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8379169?view_full_work=true

Summary:

Jaebum is the new piercer at Jackson's tattoo parlor, and in walks Youngjae to follow up on his tattoo.

____________________________________________________________

"Just give me something cool, like an anchor or an upside down cross." Jaebum hears from across the counter, and sighs.

When he joined Jackson's tattoo parlor three months ago as the new piercer, he thought he'd get to see some badass works of art, but instead they get the typical drunk coerced by their equally inebriated friend to get something that'll just be covered up for the rest of their lives.

"Just tell them to fuck off." Jaebum groans out loud.

"They're our number one source of income, no can do." Jackson shrugs and smiles, while leading the drunkard to his station. "Just keep an eye out front for me, will you?" So with no customers and jack shit to do, Jaebum sits by the front counter and hikes his boots up, while flipping through a magazine.

It's a Tuesday evening, so they'd probably get one or two more customers, all wanting something small, if not some piss drunk dude, then teenagers wanting to rebel against their parents. But Jaebum's learned to bite his tongue, because Jackson's right. If they have the money for it, he could care less who they are or what they want.

"Hi um, excuse me?" Jaebum peers his eyes off the magazine, and removes his feet from the counter as fast as he can. He eyes down a boy, younger than he is and unbelievably beautiful. With soft brown hair, and pouty lips which he's been staring at for too long now. "Is Jackson in?" The beautiful boy speaks.

"Oh, um- yeah, he's working on someone right now." He finally finds his words, and watches the boy blush softly. "Were you going to get something done or?"

"I just came in for a checkup. You know how Jackson gets. It's like he doesn't trust me to take care of my own tattoo, which is on my body." He laughs vividly and Jaebum chuckles, not immune to the contagious laughter filling the room.

The boy is wearing a cardigan over a loose tank with a pair of skinny jeans, and Jaebum wonders what his tattoo could be. Something cliché? Something abstract? Or something meaningful? Though he's even more curious as to wear the tattoo could be. His shoulder? His ankle? Somehow, he feels jealous of Jackson for being able to touch the skin, which he presumes would be soft and delicate, of the most adorable boy he's laid eyes on.

The boy coughs, and Jaebum realizes he's been caught. "I'll go let Jackson know you're here." Jaebum tails to the back and knocks on the open door of Jackson's station. "Hey, there's someone here for a checkup."

"Oh that must be Youngjae. You mind checking out his tattoo for me? I might take a while here." Jackson doesn't bother to look back at him as he continues inking the dude who looks like he's seconds from puking.

"Uh sure but I don't know what to check for?"

"Just make sure it's not infected and that it's healing properly."

"Youngjae?" He cautiously calls out the name, and when the boy by the front counter smiles towards him his chest constricts for a brief moment. "Jackson's going to take a while, but I can check you- it, I mean I can check your tattoo for you." He internally screams for being so awkward.

"Sure." Youngjae grins and follows him to his designated room, a little further down from Jackson's, with the only door with a lock in the place. It used to be a sort of changing room, but was re-vamped once Jaebum was hired.