baby (jjproject)

LINK:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11752188

Summary:

"How terrible of me. Have I neglected my baby?" He asks.

"'M not a baby." The older whispers, but it's only out of habit.

____________________________________________________________

"Where were you?" It's the first thing Jinyoung hears when he enters his flat. He looks up from his phone and spots his roommate sitting on the couch with crossed arms and a frown on his face.

The ebony haired male chuckles.

"Me and Mark-hyung got a little caught up in the rehearsal." He explains, hanging his keys by the door next to the ones who were already there and toeing off his shoes.

"A little ?" The other males asks with indignation. "You were supposed to be back an hour ago, Jinyoung!" He gets as an answer. Sometimes he wonders why he even bothers. "But I bet you love the fact you got held back by handsome and perfect 'Mark-hyung'." There's a scoff right at the end of the phrase. "Won't even call me hyung anymore." It comes out of Jaebum's mouth in the form of a mutter.

"That's because we have the same age, asswipe." He calls back as he makes his way through the small living room towards the kitchen. "And of course I like hanging out with Mark-hyung. He's nice and we are the main characters of the play. Whether you like it or not." Jinyoung goes through the cupboards, not having decided on what he was having for dinner beforehand.He opens the fridge and gives it's insides a look.

There's no warning when arms wrap themselves around his torso and a chin rests on his shoulder from behind.

"Do you wanna fuck him?" Jaebum asks grumpily.

The other male chuckles.

"Did you already forget he's dating Jackson? How convenient of you." Jinyoung shakes his head with a smirk on his lips.

He starts moving around and preparing his sandwich, the taller never letting go of his torso as he moves, going along with him, almost like a peculiar dance.

"That's not an answer to the question I asked." Jaebum says, and there's a sulkiness in his tone that makes the other man smile softly to himself.

"I don't wanna fuck Mark-hyung, Jaebumie." He informs the male that's attached himself around him. "And I think you already know that." He says softly.

He can't see, but he knows Jaebum is pouting. He knows the other man too well.

"Do I?" He whispers against his shoulder. Jinyoung is finally done with the process of making the sandwich, and he doesn't even dwell on what he should do next, settling with eating standing up so he won't jostle Jaebum around. It's of no surprise the older male already knows what decision he's made, because he moves a bit, pressing his chest to his best friend's side and resting his chin on his shoulder and his forehead against his soft jaw.

"I wonder what your friends would think if they saw the marvellous and feared Im Jaebum like this, clingy and needy." He chuckles, chewing on a rather big bite.

"I'm not clingy and needy." It's muffled against Jinyoung's shoulder, and a second of silence follows before the shorter snickers. "I just like hugging you. Is that a sin or something?"

Jinyoung rolls his eyes at the drama. He chooses not to speak and let Jaebum come to a conclusion on his own, munching on his dinner as he waits.

But as much as he claims to know the other male, his unpredictability always comes like a slap to the face.