tomorrow, today (jjproject)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11618064
Summary:

Jinyoung doesn't want things to end.

____________________________________________________________

Jinyoung watches in awe as Jackson manages to elbow Youngjae and then step on Yugyeom's feet at the same time, causing Yugyeom to hit Mark, ripping his earphones off of him in half, all in a span of ten seconds. Jinyoung will always be amazed at the amount of mayhem Jackson causes in such a short time. They're all used to him wreaking havoc. But it still surprises them how he does it and how they're all still alive whenever he causes them.

"I knew I never should've brought my new earphones on this trip," Mark sighs, stowing away his now broken earphones. Yugyeom apologizes at him before throwing a pillow at Jackson for causing the damage. They're all aware they're going to get into an accident if they keep on playing inside a moving vehicle, but they continue to do it anyway. Jinyoung takes his own earphones out and offers it to Mark. Mark smiles in thanks at that as he goes back to listening to his playlist.

They're all going on a road trip. The whole gang. It's in celebration of graduating university in one piece. Youngjae offered his family's rest house for them to use and it's a couple of hours away from the city. Jaebum is the one driving since none of them owned transportation that can fit all of them. It's an old van that Jaebum has put together. It's not the most comfortable ride, but they're all together and Jackson is keeping everyone preoccupied that no one seems to notice how cramped they all are.

"Aw Jackson, keep that away," Youngjae groans. Jackson has taken out his old camcorder and is recording them at the moment. Youngjae doesn't really like it when Jackson starts doing this. He's always the subject of Jackson's jokes, only keeping footages of Youngjae that have him in embarrassing situations. But Jinyoung guesses that's the point to all this.

"Oh come on. It's our very first road trip and probably our last. I'm allowed to record every single thing."

Their last road trip. Jinyoung glances at the driver's seat. He stares at Jaebum's back with Jackson's words in his head, an uncomfortable weight settling in the pit of his stomach.

"Well would you at least take decent footages of me this year?" Youngjae throws a pillow at Jackson to which he only dodges. It hits Yugyeom in the face and he throws the pillow back at Jackson only to start a pillow fight.

"Hey! You guys, Jaebum's driving!" Mark yells but they all ignore him in favor of who gets to smack someone with a pillow. Jinyoung had taken a shot at hitting Yugyeom which he does so successfully. Youngjae laughs out loud at the face he just made, causing Jinyoung to laugh too. Jackson had gotten that on camera and now Yugyeom is out to get him. Up front, Jaebum laughs at them and this has Jinyoung glance at the rear view mirror at the sound of his laughter.

There's a lump in his throat to see the sight of Jaebum's eyes smiling. He never used to feel that way before. Whenever Jaebum laughs and his eyes seem to disappear, Jinyoung would find it cute and his insides would do a little somersault. But these days, every time he looks at Jaebum, he can't breathe.

As if feeling his discomfort, Jaebum's eyes find his. Jinyoung holds his gaze for a few seconds before turning back to his friends. He finds he can no longer look Jaebum in the eye for a long time like he used to.

Jinyoung brings his attention back to what's going on inside the van. Youngjae has successfully wrestled the camera from Jackson and is trying to delete the videos. Jackson keeps on smacking him with a pillow to give it back until the pillow slips from his grasp and lands at the back of the van.

"Would you guys keep it down? Bambam is asleep over there." Mark says.

Bambam had taken the liberty of staying in the back since he was the smallest out of all of them. But that had probably been the best since he has the space all to himself.