90 days (2jae)

LINK:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/11880852

Summary:

In this cruel world, after encountering your soulmate, even if just by chance, you had a mere 90 days to find them before dying without ever knowing who you were fated to love: with a timer appearing on your wrist counting down the days to your demise. In most cases, it wasn't a challenge to find them, as soulmates would usually seek each other out in the area and feel their hearts race as soon as they laid eyes on each other. They would then watch as their timers faded while enjoying each other's presences. However, on a packed train with a seemingly endless number of potential candidates, Youngjae knew it wouldn't be so easy.

Especially when said train pulled into the next station, where most of the train emptied out only to be filled with a new set of people.

Oh Fuck.

my note: i just lost my masterlist for the exo oneshot collection guys!!! 

____________________________________________________________

Meeting your soulmate was supposed to be ideal.

Key word: supposed.

You were supposed to encounter your one and only soulmate on late night coffee runs or impromptu trips to the bookstore. You were supposed to gaze into their eyes and say "I found you," while your hands intertwine. You were supposed to fall in love at first sight. You were supposed to watch the 90-day timers on your wrist fade. You were supposed to eventually get married and live happily ever after in each other's arms.

Again, key word: supposed.

However, Choi Youngjae's first encounter with his soulmate was less than ideal. In fact, it was so far from ideal that it could be called unfortunate. Some may ask, 'Now how can meeting the person you're destined to be with be unfortunate in any way?' Well, there are several answers to that question, such as your soulmate being a horrible person, or even dead if you were unlucky enough. However, Youngjae's experience was unfortunate in the sense that he had no gratification of even knowing what his soulmate looked like.

It was approximately 7 p.m. on a Friday, when college student and film major Choi Youngjae had finished all of his classes for the day and for the week, his next class being on Monday at 8 a.m. (hey, not his wisest decision but what can be done now?) Being a more introverted person, the only plans he had were to third-wheel with his roommate, Mark Tuan, and his boyfriend, Jackson Wang, and inevitably retreat to his room of their shared flat when things inevitably heated up between the lovers. It wouldn't seem exciting to most people, but Youngjae loved it. He loved being able to sleep the stress away and catch up on all his favorite dramas and animes.

But the events that transpired on the train that evening threw a major wrench in his weekend plans.

As Youngjae sat on the train, earbuds in with Spotify playing a suggested track he had no particular interest in, (but why waste a skip, right?) he felt a burning sensation engulfing his wrist.

Yes, this was the burning he has known about since he was old enough to comprehend feelings of affection. This burning meant that his soulmate was in a 25-foot radius and that he has 90-days to find them before he, well, dies sad and lonely. Yes, in this cruel world, after encountering your soulmate, even if just by chance, you had a mere 90 days to find them before dying without ever knowing who you were fated to love: with a timer appearing on your wrist counting down the days to your demise. In most cases, it wasn't a challenge to find them, as soulmates would usually seek each other out in the area and feel their hearts race as soon as they laid eyes on each other. They would then watch as their timers faded while enjoying each other's presences. However, on a packed train with a seemingly endless number of potential candidates, Youngjae knew it wouldn't be so easy.