Chapter Ten

JOEYS POV
~•~•~•~•~•~
"We're just going for drinks Ella, you don't need to redo your makeup" I said as I impatiently paced around the room.
"Yeah yeah whatever" She said "I'm ready now so calm down".
"Finally" I laughed "Letsa go!".
Joey and I walked out of the hotel room and began walking down the hall.
"Hopefully no interruptions this time" I said.
"Yeah, Jo I'm still really sorry about that" She said.
"Hey don't be sorry, Laurens your friend, she's going through a tough time, she needs you" I said taking her hand.
"They haven't talked to each other all day" She sighed.
"Yeah Joe was saying, it sounded like a pretty serious argument".
"Lauren was telling me about some of the things they said to each other.  It sounded rough".

We arrived at the bar and sat down. We ordered our drinks and began chatting.
"Isn't it crazy how we've been together for the past few days but haven't really been alone with eachother" I said.
"That's what happens when you go on a busy tour with your friends" She laughed.
"I'm loving it though" I smiled.

Later on Ella and I returned to the hotel. We were walking through the hotel lobby when we saw Jaime sitting on one of the sofas talking on her phone.
"I wonder who she's talking to" Ella said as we walked past. She didn't notice us.
"Especially at this late at night" I said admittedly curious "Why isn't she talking in her room?".
"Laurens staying with her".
"Oh right".

The next day we were sitting in our hotel room when there was a knock at the door.
"I'll get it" Ella siad standing up. I continued throwing things into mine and Ellas cases.
Two minutes later Lauren came into the room with Ella. 
I put the things I was holding on to down and went over to her.
"What wrong?" I asked putting my hand on her back.
"Joe and I.. we broke up.." She cried.
"Oh Lauren I'm so sorry'' I hugged her and she began crying into my chest.
I looked over at Ella who had a sympathetic look on her face.
"It's okay... it's okay..".

Lauren pulled away.  "I'm fine.. I'm fine. I just need some time. What time are we leaving at?".
"Not until Twelve" Ella said.
"Im going to go on a walk" She said wiping her eyes.
"Are you sure? I'll go with you" Ella spoke.
"No..no I just want some time to myself right now" She said turning away.
"Never go out with someone your on tour with" She sighed as she left the room. The door shut and Ella turned to me.
"That's some advice I'm not going to take" She said.
"I feel like things are going to be awkward from now on" I said.

Two hours later there was another knock at the door. I opened the door and Lauren pulled me out of the room.
"Okay Joey I've done something stupid" She said.
"What the hell did you do.." I said worried. 
"Follow me". I walked with her and we went into her and Jaimes room. The first thing I noticed when we got inside was the tiny puppy rolling around on the bed.
"You bought a dog!" I yelled in surprise.
"Not exactly.." She said.
"You stole a dog!" I screamed. 
"No of course I didn't! I was walking along the street when I saw this poster and It was a photo of her, her owners were giving her away and she was just so damn cute I couldn't say no! And I can't take her back because she will go to the pound and you see her she's too tiny!" She said quickly.
"Oh lauren" I sighed.
"Then after I got her I bought all these dog things and Joey I'm just in love with her" She said as she sat down on the bed and began petting her.
"Lauren you're on tour, you can't keep her and you're so busy she will be so lonely" I said sitting down.
The dog came over to me and started rubbing itself off me.
"She is kind of cute though.." I said petting her.
"See Joey she likes you".
"What's her name?".
"Diane" Lauren grinned.
She jumped up onto my lap and sat down.
"Awh she's so cute!" I said rubbing her.
"So can I keep her?" She smiled.
"Well Lauren honestly it's not my choice,  I just think you're a lunatic right now" I said.
"Yay!" Lauren cheered.
Then the door opened and Jaime strolled inside.
"Oh hey Joey- IS THAT A DOG!?" She screamed and ran over to Diane and began petting her.
"Joey where the hell did you get it!" She squealed. "It's laurens" I replied.
"Lauren it's so cute! I'd prefer a dog to Joe anyday" She said without thinking. I looked over at Lauren and she didn't seem to care. I guess the dog was a distraction for her.
"What's her name?" Jaime asked.
"It's Queen Diane" laughed Lauren.
"So she's a queen now?" I asked.
"You bet she is".

The door opened again and Ella came inside. "Hey Guys have yous seen Jo- WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DOG!" She ran beside Jaime and started petting Diane who was still sitting on my lap.
"It's mine!" Lauren sung.
"Oh my god Lauren it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen!" She cheered "..and Joey what are you doing here?" She asked still obsessing over Diane.
"Lauren called me over".

There was a knock at the door and Brain entered with Meredith "Guys were leaving- Who owns the dog?".
"It's so adorable!" Meredith screamed. "She's called Diane" Lauren said.
"She's gorgeous!".