Chapter Sixteen

JOEYS POV
~•~•~•~•~•~
"So cool to meet you!" I called as the last fan walked away.
"High five!" I said to Ella slightly relieved that it was done.
Ella hit my hand and let out a deep breath.
"you alright?" I asked.
"Yeah I'm fine, that was just more tiring than I thought it would be" She laughed.
"Well you better not be too tired because we're going to my parents now" I grinned. I was so excited, I hadn't seen them in ages.
"Where are they meeting us?" I asked. "My Dad is picking us up in like ten minutes" I said. "Oh great" She smiled.

After ten minutes my Dad pulled up outside the hotel. He jumped out of the car and came over to us.
"Joey!" He exclaimed hugging me "It's been too long son".
"Its great to see you Dad!" I grinned.
"And Ella! So good to see you too!" He said hugging her.
"You too!" She smiled.
"Now come on hop in!".

We all hoped in the car and began driving. "Yous were excellent in the show tonight, we're sorry that we couldn't meet up after the show but you know us old folk we like to go to bed early" he laughed.
"No its fine Dad, what did yous think of the show anyways?" I asked.
"It was really good! We both really enjoyed it".
"I'm glad you did" I smiled. 
"Your mom is going crazy at home,  she's so excited, she just wants everything to be perfect for your visit, I can't even remember the last time we saw you in San Francisco" he said.
"I know it's crazy, I've just been so busy" I said.
"None the less, we're here now" Dad said as we pulled up to the house.
I got out of the car and opened the back door for Ella.
"Oh what a gentleman" Ella laughed.
"I'm showing off in front of my parents" I laughed.
"Charming" She said sarcastically. 

"Oh my god Joey!" I heard my mom scream from behind me. I turned around and she ran over to me arms open and hugged me.
"Hi mom!" I smiled kissing her cheek.
"Its so good to see you Jo! It's been too long! And Ella look at you,  I swear to god you get more beautiful everytime I see you".
"Hi Denise, thank you so much" Ella smiled hugging her.
"Guys come inside, come inside. I'll get you guys some drinks".
We followed her inside and I sat down on the sofa with Ella.
"So Ella dear what would you like?" My mum asked "We have sodas, water, beer if you'd like and Oh I bought this white wine and it tastes wonderful, would you like some of that?" She said.
"I'll just have a soda thanks" Ella grinned.
"Of course, and Jo what would you like?".
"Oh I'll just have a soda, but I'll help you bring in the drinks" I said standing up.
I followed her into the kitchen and started helping her.
"This is so weird Jo, I haven't seen you in a few months and then suddenly you're all helpful" She laughed.
"People change mom" I smiled.
"Anyways Jo, How have things been?" She asked as I took glasses from the press.
"Things have been great, the tour is wonderful and yeah things are just really good right now".
"I'm glad to hear it Jo, I hear that you'd had to stay in LA yesterday, is everything alright?".
"Yeah Ella and I had to sort something out just".
"Yous had to sort something out?  Are you and Ella having problems? Joey please tell me that's not true".
"No Mom, me and Ella are doing perfectly, I promise".
"Oh thank god, I like Ella".
"I'm glad you do mom, I'm glad you do..".

We returned to the living room to find Ella and my Dad leaning into the T.V.
"Hes not going to do it" Ella said not even noticing that we were there.
"It's impossible!" Dad shouted. 
"Hes going for it!" Ella screamed.
"No! No! No!" Dad shouted again.
They went silent for a moment. 
"He actually did it!" Dad said shocked.  "I can't believe it" Ella added.
Suddenly they both burst out laughing and clapped at the TV. It was nice to see them bonding, they always got on so well when it came to sport.
"Bobby why did you put on the sports channel! Our son and his girlfriend are here to visit, you should be talking to them" Mom said to my dad.
"But Ella and I are enjoying this! That player just made a basket from the half way line" Dad said.
"It was really impressive" Ella added.