Chapter 1: The basket.

Molly Weasley woke to a knock on the door. She heaved her way out of bed and walked to the front door. She opened it to find a little child in a basket, with a brown owl and a letter. As the child slept Molly picked up the basket and carried the baby inside. She placed the basket on the table. Arthur walked in the room to see his wife and a random baby in the dining room. Looking at Molly questionably he walk next to her.
Molly grabbed the letter to find it was addressed to 'The Weasleys'. She opened the letter reading it out loud carefully.

Dear Arthur and Molly Weasley,
We have left you with our daughter, (Y/N) South-Star, her birthday is December 24th. We ask you to take care of her and raise her as your own. There is no family we trust more than yours.
We know you will raise her right and surrounded by good people.
(Y/N) is 1 year old meaning she will be attending Hogwarts at the same time as your youngest son Ronald.
We know raising a child is very costly, that is why we have left her volt key (number 893) in the bottom of this envelope. You may use all the money from her volt that you need however we trust you leave her plenty for her future.
We also ask that when she receives her first Hogwarts letter you will intrust her with the key.
She has also been left with an owl named Golden-oak. This is (Y/N)s owl and we ask you to let her use it privately if that is what she wishes. Golden-oak is a very special owl, he was saved by a unicorn as an egg and now has healing powers. He will protect (Y/N) at all costs.
Thank you Arthur and Molly for taking care of our little girl. We are forever grateful and in your dept.

Signed,
Mr&Mrs South-Star.

Molly looks up at Arthur before opening the envelope to see a small gold key attached to some string. She hands the letter and key to Arthur before picking up the sleeping baby.
"Why did they leave her at our doorstep in the middle of the night?" Arthur asks as a general question.
"I don't know Arthur. But we have been trusted with her and we will take care of her." Molly smiles sweetly at her husband than the baby. She puts (Y/N) back in the basket and carries her to Ronald's room, placing her in the spare cot she had from Fred, before going back to bed with Arthur.

A/n- hey thanks for reading the first chapter. This is an idea I have had for a while now and I am so happy I am finally getting around to writing it. Feel free to comment ideas and options below and thanks for reading. Bye.